Lower back and leg pain

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi Ladies!

I was wondering if any of you get lower back pain that sometimes radiates into your hip and thigh? I have been having lower back pain off and on for two weeks now. Now today it is in my leg too! I had back injury years ago and I know peri can cause flare ups of former problems. Just wondering if anyone else experienced this?

2 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I have the lower back pain and sometimes hip. A chiropractor helps to keep me aligned, I was a non believer but my husband made me go and it really helps. I also attend a Pilates class for older ladies with back problems so it's gentle strengthening movements. And I got myself an upright easy chair. Nice green leather from Laura Ashley so I don't feel too much like an old lady 👵🏻 :-)

All these help and I try not to lie in bed too long as this makes my back ache. Worse when period due.

• Posted

Thanks for your feedback. It helps to know I'm not alone. I will see if my GP can refer me for a chiropractor or physical therapy.
  • Posted

Hi what

I've suffered back pain for years so not sure it fits that or related the same as you. I get lots of pain in left hip especially in bed when turning over as well as in knees during day. I think all these pains are gonna red to the menopause...

• Posted

Yes I definitely believe peri plays a large role in so many of our health issues. I had two isolated incidents regarding my back when I was young but once the initial strain was gone I was fine. But every now and then it flares up. This time has been the worst!
  • Posted

Hi yes I've gotten that too the last few months on and off. And then it goes away. I have also had past back pain from a car accident but this feels different. Pretty sure it's peri related. A heating pad helped me a lot.
    • Posted

Yes the pain seems to be in the lower region of the back right above the butt area. The pain is nothing like the pain from my initial injury so I agree with you that it must be hormones at play, again. I haven't re-injured myself in any way.
  • Posted

That sounds like sciatica nerve pain. The sciatic nerve runs down to lower back and splits down each side of your butt and down each leg. Ive had that pain for many years now. I have some bad days and good days. It can also cause tingling. Previous back injuries can bring it on to cause the pain.
    • Posted

Yes that is how mine felt like something pressing on my sciatic nerve. Was mostly bad when I laid down. It went away though now. But I get it back again about every few mos.
  • Posted

Yes had that a couple months ago and then it eventually went away. Mostly in my hip.
  • Posted

I also have this and have had this off and on pretty consistant for years. Its exactly how you described. At night it's worse and when I wake and move around it's better. I went to doctor finally for it and she said Physical therapy and that peri can cause this and make it worse. I really dislike this alot because it really aches and it makes me feel like I cannot work out or do what I have done in the past. I am trying to flow with all of this..I got a massage yesterday and trying to do more for me. I feel that's the Key with all of this ladies...Making our Self First for once. It's like we (well me,,don't want to speak for all of you) have put kids..job..everyone first all these years..and now it has to be "me" that I Feel First for....Trying I am.   smile...and now finally...I am following thur...later tonight i am meditating..and I ordered a beginning yoga dvd. Hope I helped you.. <3>
  • Posted

This sounds like Sciatica, or, Osteoarthritis which due to bone changes, can occur in menopause. I take one Vicodin a day, all my doc will give, half in AM, half in PM.If pain increases at night ,  have a back Xray done to determine if it is arthritis in the back, as I have that, and it always spreads to thigh areas, and hip joints. Love Stella42
  • Posted

Yes my right hip hurts I noticed when I get my monthly period, I had sciatica and it still flares up when I get my period,  I get hip, leg, and my toes feel weird. This all started when I turned 46 , my mom had the same symptoms in her fourties.
    • Posted

You could request Vicodin for the monthly pain, usually they are careful to only give one a day in America.Love Stella42
    • Posted

Dear a All, I am refraining from signing posts Love Stella, as I love you all, but it sounds weird using it all the time.So, no offense my ladies, I shall here on out sign simply, Stella42 xo minus the xo ha ha ha!

l

• Posted

Thank you!! I do suffer from sciatica, it's been a year leg issue comes and goes, I will ask my doctor about Vicodin. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.