Lower back & leg pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have bee prescribed Gabapentin 300mg three times a day for back and leg pain, having seen some of the side effects I'm having second thoughts.

Anyone been prescribed these for pain, did they help?

Roy.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I don't know what is causing your pain, nerve or skeletal issues, but I wouldn't touch it.

Was given it in replacement of hydrocodone that I had been on for 12 years due to chronic pain from serious injuries and deformation. By the time I realized what it was doing to me, it was awful. Pain got worse also. Getting off it was even worse than being on it.

• Posted

In the US it's not approved for that type of pain, but doctors ignore that. For many the side effects are horrendous and they wish they had never taken it. You can read other posts but the answer for me was NO, it didn't help, but made my life hell for 3+ years as I had to VERY slowly reduce the amount until I was finally off it.

My personal opinion is stop taking it. The longer you're on it, the worse it is to get off it.

• Posted

I was prescribed the same initially, but found 100mg dose 3x daily had the same relief, and it had crazy side effects so only took it as long as absolutely needed which was 2 months. Even from that short stint of a low dose, I still feel annual psychosis effects every fall now since I took it.

It a miracle for physical pain, but the trade off in your sanity for possibly life is a reality, so I'd maybe try dialing back to 100mg doses and taper off safely ASAP.

• Posted

Hello viewers, hope you are well. This post is very eye catching about lower back and leg pain. Any kind of pain in human body is not good.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.