Lower back mri results

Posted , 1 user is following.

hi I am confused my mri results have come back and I am confused while I wait for the consultant to call me in to explain them a couple of points I was hoping somebody could translate for me are

at l3/l4 level there is minimal impingement of the l3 nerve root as they traverse the neural canal

at l4/l5 level there is minimal impingement of the l4 nerve root as they traverse the neural canal. there is also narrowing of both lateral recesses with minimal impingement of the l5 nerve root

at the l5/s1 there is a narrowing of both lateral recesses with very minimal abutment of the s1 nerve root.

no spinal canal stenosis or lower cord caudal compression.

can anyone put my mind at ease that I won't need surgery????

if anyone can out my mind at ease while I wait that would be great

cheers

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.