lower back pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Good evening everyone. I have CS which as decided to have a flare up just in time for christmas wonderful.😟 I was just wondering if anybody also has lower back pain. My consultant as told me its due to my muscles in

lower back compensating for neck problems. I now have pain in hips and my coccyx. Plus I have had an headache on and off for over a week now.

I only see the nurse now for CBT therapy,as my consultant as said no more treatment. Ive had tens machine, acupuncture, epidurals, facet injections

and a lignocaine infusion to which none have helped.

I also found out after my second MRI a year ago I have foraminal

stenosis aswell. Sorry for rambleing on.

Thanks for taking the time to read this Paula

0 likes, 23 replies

23 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Stick to your guns Paula, you know better than anyone what helps or hinders your CS.my memory foam topper and pillow are the best thing ever and give me some peace and comfort when I'm not feeling well and I will never give them up.

I've been experimenting with my meds and taking more muscle relaxant and cutting down on the Tramadol, this appears to be helping as I am

having less side effects, but early days so keeping fingers crossed.

Gentle hugs to all.

• Posted

Hi Sheila , I am sticking with it I also have a v pillow which is fab. I now take the slow release tramadol but its changing again in new year as I didnt want side effects over xmas. Paula x
  • Posted

I think there's a lot of us holding off on medication changes over the holliday period. It's difficult sometimes knowing what to do for the best, on

one hand we are willing to try anything to ease our pain and suffering

but on the other hand we don't want to make things worse. I think this is

where the saying" Stuck Between a Rock and a Hard Place"comes in.

Gentle hugs Sheila xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.