Lower Back Pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been having really bad lower back pain that includes the upper part of my legs.

I have had an MRI, X-rays in two trips to the ER and numerous Dr. Visits for almost 3 months.

Everybody tells me it is a bad case of sciatica . I am doing physical Therapy which makes me very sore and in my doctor's visits I'm get an injection of toridol which helps for a day. Waiting to get into pain management but referrals take forever to get approved.

Had anyone experienced this and for this long..

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have a back injury from a fall and when it flares up, it can affect the sciatic nerve which runs from your lower back, bottom ,top of your leg and downwards. If you are experiencing that, it would explain why they are diagnosing sciatica. I knew someone who had pain right down her leg with sciatica and she needed a walking stick. What did the MRI and X Rays show? If they showed sciatica, believe your doctors who are all saying the same thing. I only take painkillers for back pain because physical therapies made me worse.

• Posted

If you are also suffering with stomach issues, along with gas, chest pain, lower left-back pain, left leg pain, then it may also be signs of stomach infection. My symptoms started with lower back pain, with upper left leg very painful to walk. The point just on the back line above hips on the left side was also painful. And yes it's very easy to confuse it with back pain. For the first 3 months I was only complaining about back pain to my doctor. After some days I found out it was infection ( hpylori )

• Posted

No I haven't had any stomach issues just lower back and front and back of my upper legs. The pain gets so bad once I sit down it Is extremely painful To stand up.

I am trying to get them to run another MRI.

I have even been checked for blood clots, hips and pelvic and so far that's negative.

Thank you for replying. 🌻

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.