Lower back pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone. I’m here for any advice as I’m About 6 weeks ago I missed the step going out the back door and slipped. I landed on my back. It felt like my back completely locked and I was unable to move. I gave it a couple weeks and just dealt with the pain. I am now in ABSOLUTE agony. Every time I bend(even sitting on the toilet) feels like my back is just going to snap and that I need to stay in that position. I phoned doctors last week as the pain is so bad I can’t open my bowels. Doctors gave my laxatives to help me go. Doctor didn’t understand that fact that it ain’t that I can’t go it’s the fact it’s so painful I’m refraining myself from going. I’ve been using paracetamol, cocodamol,zapain. Heat packs. Hot water bottles. Baths. Creams. Pretty much everything the pharmacy has suggested. The pain just isn’t getting any better if anything it feels like it’s getting worse. I’m in constant agony whether i am sitting or standing,day or night. I am only 22. I’ve also had to give up my new job because I physically just can’t do it. I don’t know what to do I’m afraid i am going to completely put my back out. 6 week wait for a doctors appointment. Any advice would be much appreciated xx

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Try a soft elastic back support and rest. its pretty amazing how the muscles in the back can be so painful. Probably best to go in for a x-ray to determine what injury you have suffered from the fall it could be more than muscle or joint ligaments.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.