Lower back pain and health anxiety !!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

hi

i am a very skinny person. have always been around 7 1/2 - 8 stone my whole life. the inly time i have ever been bigger is when ive been pregnant. 4 years ago i had my son and had a horrendous labour, i was pushing for 8 hours and in the most horrendous pain as they said i could push before examining me and the found i was not ready and had a vedy swollen cervix. i ended up having a epidural and baby was born. since then i have suffered with lower back ache. it hurts if i stand to wash up and when i get up in the morning. but saw gp and they put it all down to this. i have health anxiety and it flared up bad several months ago and i recently had a endoscopy and blood due to bad digestion problems and everything was fine. but now i am noticing my back is really bad. it hurts to maove it and it is mainly along the whole bottom of my back aling my hip bones . as the day goes on i get a burning at the top of my back. i recently loat a stone in weight but have kept my weight steady for oast 6 weeks. i am convinced i have cancer down below somewhere ??? my bowel habits have not changed and are fine in colour and shape and i go everyday. i get some stomach pain too all across my lower tummy and especially in my left side by groin area. i have had this on and off for years and was told i may have IBS . sometime i feel like i have a really full bladder too but the wee comes out slower than i think it should??? i have a bad tendency to grind my teeth at night and clench my jaw and wake up with ear pain in the morning alot . im 41 and feel my body is sooo old !!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through so much pain and while t is true that anxiety can bring on back pain I'm thinking part of your problem may be due to the epidural, Where would I understand that can always bring on back pain. However, I to have IBS and excruciating back pain which I believe is due to the IBS. I was told that the bloating can press on a nerve which can radiate pain to the back. I've also had anxiety for the last 10 years and I've never really had back pain until I was diagnosed with IBS, which all started about a year ago. I also recently had my gallbladder removed and it seemed to make the problem worse.

I can honestly tell you where the pain is coming from just know you're not alone. In my case I believe the bloating and the pressure from IBS is what's causing my back pain if I find out anything I'll be sure to keep you updated. I hope you feel better soon.

P.S. I am also 41 maybe we are just falling apart. lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.