Lower back pain and leg pain

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello everyone - just wondering if anyone suffers from really bad lower back pain which moves to the hips - I am in pain! Can barely get off the sofa it hurts so much. Just got this today - have had an aching leg every now and then since November but today it is off the charts - I am due a period today! But it really doesn't feel its going to happen as don't have the usual normal symptoms - I'm in proper pain - anyone had this??

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Yep. I have this during my period. Low back, hips and thighs. I've heard that it could be a sign of endometriosis. I believe someone also said it will go away after menopause. How old are you and how long have you been in peri? Or meno?

Heating pad and Tylenol is the only thing that helps mine

• Posted

I had this and was diagnosed with andomeyosis:-( this can go after monopause but I'm 40 so I've had a full abdominal hystectomy. Endometriosis doesn't go after menopause and a hysterectomy doesn't removed endometriosis for good either!

Xx

• Posted

Sophie,been there and done that.  Sorry girl I truly know how bad this can be.

I did 4 years of that, and saw a dozen different doctors.  Not one of the experts ever thought to ask me if I was in menopause.  Four years later I was diagnosed with vaginal atrophy and dryness.  I was given vaginal Estrace for that problem.  Low and behold, with the se of vaginal estrogen all the muscle, ligament, back and hip pain went away.  Don't try to tell me that estrogen wasn't the problem.  It sure was for me.

Hope you can find an answer.  I know how bad this hurts. 

• Posted

So happy you have found a cure. Do you recommend HRT then. I have been telling my GP for years all my problems were associated with menopause although I have regular periods but every other symptom. What medication are you on cause I have to think about it then go back to my GP next week.

• Posted

The only thing I can tell you is that estrogen made all the pain go away.  There are so many ways to get estrogen, it all depends on the woman.  Are you also having any vaginal atrophy or dryness?  That's like the canary in the coal mine for low estrogen levels.  And when it starts, it doesn't go away on it's own.  

• Posted

Hi thanks for getting back to me. I do not have any vaginal atrophy or dryness but when I have my periods which are so heavy I can hardly walk due to pressure and feeling like I have a brick hanging from me and so sore. I recently have started getting very itchy in my vagina but if I shower a few times a day this helps. Can you tell me what ways to get estrogen? Do you mean just HRT or have you tried anything else? Thanks.

• Posted

Yep.....suffered with back for years off and on. I put it down to being tall. But now everyday along with achy hips and tops of legs. Horrendous periods. Lower abdominal and vaginal scan due 20th Feb. Doc suspects early menopause along with fibroid. Fingers crossed it's nothing else.

• Posted

Hi

Yes I have same symptoms. The lower back pain and heavy sore legs and stiffness is unbearable. I was unable to go to work on Tuesday due to it thats why I visited my GP. He says its all down to the perrimenopause symptoms. I feel better today with rest and taking co-codamol along with ibuprofen and gentle exercise. I am considering HRT if the magnetic band and redclover do not work. I can sympathise with you.

• Posted

Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond to my problem! In answer to a question I am 48 and been in peri for about 3yrs - have lots of other symptoms and very irregular periods now. Was due yesterday but true to form this won't happen I don't think for another two weeks - I can skip them for 3 months. Boy oh boy I was in pain yesterday but today it seems to have eased although still there. Not overly worried - the anxiety hasn't kicked in on this one weirdly. Have just had results in from the mother of all blood tests and having apt with proper gynae next week so maybe he can help. Again, thank you all and hope your day is going well and enjoy the weekend X 

• Posted

Hi I'm having a hard time with my hormones before I had my daughter I had Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. I'm glad I had her but it was scary. because when she was born I wen't threw postpartum. that was a ride then  5 years later wen't threw a Hysterectomy. right now that I'm sitting here I have burning. don there it feels like I'm on fiere and my legs hurt and hips feel like I'm going to start my period I had suffer from Premenstrual dysphoric disorder and i would go crazy every to week and so he did the surgery. can some shine the light for me sorry about the grammar 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.