lower back, posterior hip, upper thigh pain, and right groin pressure?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I am a 19 year old female and just 3 days ago I was awoken from my sleep with a pressure feeling in my right groin. I ended up going to the ER just because I was headed back to school and wanted to make sure everything was okay and the doctor felt my groin and found a slightly enlarged lymphnode. He ordered a complete blood count and urinalysis to rule out a UTI. My complete blood count values came back totally normal and so did my urinalysis. I am worried though because now I am experiencing achy lower back pain that seems to feed into both my left and right anterior hip. My groin still has the same pressure feeling and it feels extremely tight. My back pain is best comparable to an achy feeling that you would receive after sitting in a car for a long period of time, yet it almost travels down into my upper thighs. I also randomly get a quick, shooting pain in my abdomen but it isnt a severe pain.Anyone have any idea what this could be? 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Of course I am no doctor, but I experience almost identical symptoms to your own.  I had investigations a while ago and the consultant thought I had a trapped femoral nerve in the groin and recommended physio which has done little for it.  I just mitigate the pain as best I can now and it is always the worst at night.  The backache is almost permanent but not when lying or seated.  I think maybe you should press for a scan which was recommended for me, but unfortunately I cannot have one because I am dependent on a pacemaker.  I wonder if you have any numb patches in your upperside thighs as I do have a large one on one leg and a smaller patch on the other.  I have been told to report back if this increases or there is any difficulty with passing urine.  So far okay.  In your case I would go back to the doctor and ask to be referred for further investigation at the hospital.
  • Posted

I know your ready to go back to school but I think you need to go see you doctor. The swollen lymph node is what has me concerned. That typically shows an infection of some sort. The pain alone could simply mean you pulled something which would resolve itself or could be resolved with physical therapy. You might be better off seeing a gynecologist rather than a GP.
    • Posted

I saw a gynecologist who swabbed me for the bacterial STD's and both came back negative. I also saw a doctor at the hospital who felt my lymphnode and said that he didnt think it was anything of concern due to the fact that my blood work came back normal. I'm still stumped as to what it could be. 

• Posted

Hi Halle Did he mention anything about the possibility of an inguinal hernia?
    • Posted

He did but he said generally he would be able to feel that and said that it would progressively get worse and that would be how he would confirm if it was a hernia or not. He also didnt want to perform any scans or imaging because he didnt feel it was necessary at the time. 
    • Posted

Unless you have a scan it is almost impossible to know what is going on.  I would revisit your GP and tell him your symptons are worsening and interfering with your life and ask him for a referral.  Sometimes they are reluctant to do this because they have a budget, but you have to be persistent.
  • Posted

Ovarian cysts cause some of the symptoms you've mentioned.

I hope you've found out why you're in discomfort and have found relief halle.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.