Lower back problem!!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

my back won’t heal, rehab therapy won’t work, rest won’t work, what do i do? I feel like i pinched a nerve. Running hurts way too much.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

How did you get your lower back problem? An injury? or did it come on suddenly?
    • Posted

I was running at track practice on friday 2 weeks ago and i felt it... didn’t think it was a big deal so i just ignored it and kept running i kept going to track practice last week and it hurt, but i could still run. I tried running on Monday and it just hurt way too much. The pain has traveled down my butt and kind of on my leg. 
  • Posted

Hi isabel.c,

If it indeed is a pinched nerve then it is just a matter of time.

Hang in there,

txdap

• Posted

I don't know if it is an option for you, but lying in a hot spring has always done amazing things for aches and pains for me! If you don't have one anywhere, a hot tub or even a hot bath would probably help. It's the mineral water in natural springs that really helps though. That would be my recommendation. Read this article for more info!

[b]https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/21/health/hot-soaks-saunas-can-relieve-pain/index[b].html

• Posted

Sounds like a pinched nerve and possibly sciatica....pain over your butt and down your leg...typical. Take anti-inflammatory pain killers like Ibuprofen. and keep moving.  It should gradually get better.   

I used to get this all the time and was given a back exercise to help prevent it coming back....I have found this quite good.

Lay flat on your back on the floor and try to relax and go limp....hold this for 1 minute. Then slowly draw your knees up to your chest and hold for 1 minute. Slowly put them back down,but keep your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.  Try to do this several times daily but always relax first,do the moves slowly and stop if you experience any sharp or shooting pains.  Get up slowly.

Back pain is frustrating but it usually passes.

• Posted

Thank you! Should i do this once my back gets better to prevent it or should i do it know to help it heal?
  • Posted

Also I’m 15 years old if that helps
  • Posted

And i run hurdles in track
  • Posted

Isabel if you are only 15 your bones and muscles are still growing and adapting,believe it or not,so dont do any activity which gives you a lot of pain but do keep moving and taking Ibuprofen.   You can do the exercise now and any time you like but only do it very slowly and stop immediately if you feel any sort of pain.

Taking Ibuprofen will help to stop your back going into spasm,which is very painful and you will feel you have become rigid and unable to move. 

• Posted

Turns out i have a herniated disc

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.