lower back rib / lung pain with history of bronchiectisis

Posted , 4 users are following.

I wonder if anyone can share light on something for me please. Last July after 3 months of continual chest infections not clearing after a bad bout of flu i was diagnosed with Bronchiectisis.

This diagnosis came about after ending up in hospital pretty ill with Pneumonia which took a further 3 months to recover (more due to serious weight loss).

Since then i have been fine.

Last Weds eve had my works Christmas doo & had great time dancing and enjoying myself. Not ill at all. Then 01.00 woke with sudden left side lower back / lung area pain which took me to A&E.

Chest X Ray was clear, White cell clear & they said they could not explain the pain. Left it that "its probably due to my Bronchiectisis and maybe i was developing a chest infection", so put me IV AB at first then sent me home on oral AB (as they did not have beds).

The pain settled (with the codien) but i do not have a cough or any usual symptoms so are concerned that the cause of the sudden onset of pain has been assumened to be bronchiectisis?

Could it be that i over did the dancing as far as my bronchiectisis is concerned, stretching scar tissue or something? thats what i keep thinking?

Has anyone had any similiar incidents happen?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I too have bronchieastasis n I take ibroupfen n co coda mol n I too get constant pain in my lower back n down my left side but I have my lungs , heart n other organs back to front but wen I have an infection n I breathe in my chest is tight n it hurts so that's how I know as I cannot stand for long or sit too long as I get pain my consultant has always try to stay mobile as it stops the mucus from settling to cause an infection. No u avent over done it
  • Posted

I also get pain in my left side when standing perhaps peeling potatoes or doing some sewing work. I did mention it to to my respiratory consultant at the hospital but she didn't seem concerned or take any notice really. I have brochiecstasis, worse in my left lung.
  • Posted

I'm going thru the same thing, it's been going on since I was in the hospital for double phuemonia nothing is helping with the pain it hurts to breathe I'm scared 😓 I went to the ER last week they did blood work and x ray and to me the labs came back way to quick cause they said everything was normal I have a hard time believing this because there is no way 😲 in hell that I can be hurting like I do and everything be o.k. I've always had asthma what to do
  • Posted

I also have chronic lung/ back pain, I've had non specific atypical mycobacterial tuberculosis, a history of pneumonia & throat cancer, I currently take Targin 20/10, have tried Endone & Oxynorm 10 mg for breakthrough pain, however the pain persists & nothing seems to working.

Ive no idea if there is anything that might help, my quality of life is fast declining, I also had to medically retire, if anyone knows anything that might help, or has any idea of what could be wrong so I could get appropriate treatment I'd be very grateful 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.