Lower calf discomfort after THR

Posted , 18 users are following.

I am having significant discomfort in my lower calf. Mainly at night when i cant sleep. I sleep on my non op side with a pillow. Op was on 21/11/16

i can only describe the discomfort as muscle spasm. Pain killers do little for it.

is this something others have problems with ?

how do you cope with it.

Driving me mad so hope someone can advise. Thankyou.

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I am 5 weeks post Acetbular fracture surgery and the calf pain is maddening. I have it on the right side, which is where I had the surgery. Today I am on the second day of 150 mg pregablin prescribed my surgeon. I would appreciate if someone could post list of exercises or any over the counter meds or supplements that may alleviate the pain. I am going insane with this to be honest

• Posted

Hello there,

My name is Jenn and I wanted to join in on your discussion to find out a little bit more about your calf pain. Would you mind telling me if you are still having any discomfort at all? I ask because I had a surgery like yours done almost three years ago now and I have been having chronic intense pain on my lower leg, right on my calf. I believe it isn't related to any blood clots since my doctor ran a DVT test and it came back negative for blood clots. My biggest concern is that it's almost 3 years since my surgery and I am still having this much pain. I am passed my recovery period so I don't know what is going on or if it will ever end.

• Posted

same here for me. going on 9 months now, and i think the pain is getting worse.

did you ever find the cause?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.