Lower dose better sleep

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi I hv been on mirtazapine fr 3years started on 15 then 30 ,45 etc I feel the lower dose you take the better sleep I have put on a lot of weight too.i take it at 10 at bedtime and sleeping for 11every nyt.it has also gave me a sweet tooth.iit definitely makes you gain weight. But not alls bad.i also was prescribed it for depression plus insomnia.it actually gives me a, better sleep than when I was on temazepam. So it's not as bad as some people think tho everyone is different.

2 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jamie I was put on Mirt 45mg 4yrs ago,also Temazepam ,about 6wks ago I decided to come off the Mirt so I dropped to 30 mg the first 2wks was great but then I had sleepless nights,anxiety,and short tempered,but I thought I'd ride the storm.After about a week it levelled of,and just like you my sleeping pattern at the moment is better than ever.But this week end if am dropping to 22mg so will see what happens then.My biggest problem is Mirt does help you sleep and my GP has said no more Temazepam so I will probley be up all night.
  • Posted

I was prescribed 15 mg. mirtazapine but it made me sleepy during the day.  hen the doctor reduced it to 7.5 mg. daily  which I've taking for a few weeks and I am sleeping well most nights and am less tired durring the day.  It has not affected my eating habits;  I never had much of an appetite and still don't so I haven't gained weight.  Hope this helps.
  • Posted

I take remeron as a sleep aid also. I take half a dose of 7.5 mg and sometimes even a quarter of a dose works for me (1.87mg). I only take it when i feel like i need it. So its usually 3 or 4 times a week. It definitely increases the urge to eat sweets and increases your overall appetite.
  • Posted

I never thought about taking a partial tablet.   smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.