LOWER EYELID REDNESS/SWELLING?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all

a few years ago i got told that i had blepharitis from an eye doctor however i do not have a lot of the symptoms a lot of people have when they have this condition. The only thing that seems to bother me is the noticeable redness/swelling under my eyes.

What I have actually noticed about my eyes is a long the line where the tear ducts are they seem um i dont know how to describe maybe like waxy? I seem to produce a lot mucus in the corners of my eyes after hours which is like a stringy clear consistency as oppose to dry. Is this signs of MGD?

Could this be a result of whats causing my under eyes to look sore and red? Because sometimes when i wash my under eyes with lukewarm water they look slightly better than what they looked like when they looked somewhat oily, however this lasts for about 4-5 hours before they go back to oily/sore looking again.

I am wondering if anyone has has a similar problem and what i could do to tackle this? Is there anything without using concealer (which i have not done yet by the way) that people have had success to eliminate the swelling under eyes?

Thank you

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.