LOWER LEFT ABDOMEN PAIN

Posted , 4 users are following.

Ok, I created this account because I am absolutely desperate. I am a 20 year old woman. A couple months ago I began have pain in my lower left abdomen. Almost in my ovary area, maybe a little higher? The pain radiates down my left leg, my lower left back, and sometimes up a little higher than my ovary. I went to my OBGYN and she found no cysts. I have spot on normal periods, have no issues with my bowel movements, sex doesn’t hurt.. there are really no other symptoms than a constant achey pain in my left ovary region... anyone have any suggestions??? IM DESPERATE please!! 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

What imaging studies have you had done?  if only an ultrasound, i would also ask for an MRI and a CT scan. They may provide better/more thorough visuals.  And, it may be that an exploratory surgery is needed to see what's truly going on under the hood.  Any talks about going to a GI to take a peak inside your guts, too?  Good luck!

• Posted

Keep a journal of symptoms. Just because they can't see anything with today's limited imaging doesn't mean that you don't have endo.

Many docs won't do a lap until you get older or find the right doc. The journal is necessary to get them on your side. It can also help to take someone with you to appointments. It is 100% wrong of docs to put more credence in the illnesses and issues of people who always take someone along, but many docs do this. I don't think it's intentional, just a common human flaw.

• Posted

I don’t seem to have symptoms of Endo just honestly don’t know what else it could be sad 
    • Posted

Everybody doesn't get all the same symptoms. I never had leg pain, but i had piles and piles of pain. A lot of women here have a lot of leg pain. If you're lucky you don't have endo, but it's 50-50 whether you do.

Some women have it without any symptoms -- it's discovered when docs/surgeons are doing something else inside the abdomen.

• Posted

I have almost the exact same issue, except my pain is on my right side - please keep us updated on what you find out because I feel like I'm going crazy trying to figure out what this could be (my obgyn thinks it's just cysts because they found one once, but it's gone since then and I'm still having pain)

sorry you're going through this, and I hope you get it resolved!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.