Lower left abdominal pains, nausea, fatigue, vomiting, and so much more. I need answers!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm a 20 year old female that has been going through a TON of horrible health issues. I guess I'll just start from the beginning. A year and a half ago I went to the doctors for what I thought was maybe strep-throat. I was gave antibiotics to help, but then a month later I woke up with the worst eye infection (virus) I've ever experienced or seen in my life to be honest. I was first treated for pink eye which the eyedrops the doctor gave me did nothing, they then gave me an oral antibiotic and another higher eye lubricant. Thankfully it went away a month later but it wasnt long until I was back in the doctors for C.Diff colitis. I went to the doctors for a check up because I was having very bad nausea. She diagnosed me with vertigo but I was too annoyed by the diagnosis to go back but the nausea got worse. Now I am back with serious fatigue, nausea, vomiting, bad lower abdomen pains and tenderness constantly. I am supposed to get a colonoscopy and an EDG done in a few weeks but I just want some other opinions. I'm mention my previous history because I have a feeling it has something to do with all of the antibiotics I was being put on at the time.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

hi,

I wish i could give you advice, but I'm going through something similar. i am suffering from constant nausea among other symptoms. last week i just finished taking Difficid for my cDiff. i got it back in November and took vancomycin but it kept coming back so my GI put me on that. thank God for the Merck patient assistance program because that medicine is $4,000! I got it for free. c diff is not fun. I'm hoping it will stay away this time. I also had my gallbladder out 7 months ago. that was not fun recovering after either. for the first month, I couldn't hold anything down. I was in and out of the ER. doctors couldn't find what was wrong. the nausea and vomiting has lessened, but the nausea is still here. I've had all kinds of tests, everything is normal. next she wants to do a gastric emptying scan. I don't have insurance because I'm not working so I'm trying to get financial assistance to afford the test. I hope you feel better and your doctor figures out what is going on. it sucks being sick.

• Posted

That sounds horrible, thankfully I dont THINK my c.diff has came back but I'm not sure. Were the symptoms the same when the C.Diff came back?

• Posted

Antibiotics can strip out your good bacteria and the infections themselves can leave your body very week. Try some probiotic yoghurt to replace good gut flora. Perhaps your colonoscopy and EDG will tell you more. Your symptoms don't sound like vertigo since you have abdominal pain. It sounds more like a gut disturbance of some sort.

• Posted

I've actually tried probiotics a few months after I had the C.Diff and it seemed to make no difference. Thanks for the help!

• Posted

Did you take for a month because you need to take them for that amount of time to see any results?

• Posted

Sorry to hear Isabel1998, You are doing the right thing and just beginning to start the doctors process of elimination. None of us could ever know exactly what it is. Many symptoms apply to many diseases. I would start monitoring your intake and output. Try to stay hydrated if possible and make sure your PCP doctor knows of your issues to do blood work now and then to make sure your body chemistry does not get out of whack from all the vomitting. Hydrate and rest as much as possible since you are fatigue. See how much is actually making it into your body and coming out. The doctors are very close to knowing something with those test. Hang in there, finding the issue at hand will give you alot of relief. I know exactly how you feel.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.