Lower left pain for nearly 2 years, getting nowhere

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I've had a dull achey, with intermittent sharp pains in my lower left abdomen since oct 17. When it's at its worst its debilitating, usually with nausea, dizziness and insomnia.

At first I was told it was psychosomatic which I thought was quite rude, but I took what they said with the month trial tablets and gave it a go. Didn't help. I was then sent to gyno for internal scans thinking it was a ovarian cyst. It wasn't. I then had a laproscopy in March 18 which showed nothing. I've been on various pain meds, nothing seems to help without turning me into a zombie. I've been off my work a lot with it and can't take the painkillers that do help because I just sleep, and I need to work. Had an mri scan to see if it was possibly a hernia but that showed up nothing, about 3 months ago I was referred to gastro and they did various tests but everything was fine. Said I was being referred back to gyno but haven't heard anything because they feel it is coming from that area. Don't want to send me for Ct because of my age. I'm a 29 year old. Feel like I'm going off me head. I'm trying to get on with it but it's interfering with so much, feels like if I had a needle and stuck it in the sore area and drained something it would be better lol if that makes sense. Anyway was just wondering if any one has experienced this? Feel like I'm out here on my own.

Sorry for the long story.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Did anyone ever mention gas pains. If not give simethicone anti-gas tablets a try. Available over the counter.

• Posted

Hi,thanks for replying

yeah I have tried those kind of tablets as well, as well as like bisacodyl etc.

• Posted

have you kept a diary of when you get the pain? Is it monthly or does it occur after eating a certain food type. If not, keep a period diary and food diary as well as a diary of when you experience the pain. You may find you are experiencing this pain when you are ovulating or possibly when eating a certain food group.

I had no idea there was a risk of people having CT scans in a certain age bracket, do you know what the age limit is? It is just I have had a few CT scans recently due to a health condition.

• Posted

Hi, thanks for replying.

The pain is just constant, certain foods etc don't seem to make it any worse, I was tested for food allergies or gluten allergies just incase but that all came back clear. I don't have periods, I've been on the Depo inj for a while but have recently came off it just incase it was something to do with that, asked docs if it could be, the said it shouldn't but willing to try anything at this point. Sorry, I don't know the age limit for the scan. I don't really think there is one, he just said they don't like giving it to women of child bearing years unless it's a necessity, suppose because I had an mri and they never really saw anything they didn't see the point in giving me one even though a ct is more detailed.

• Posted

Could it be a negative reaction to the depo? That stuff takes a while to get out of your system.

• Posted

I have came off it just to see if it is, I've been on it nearly 7 years. The doctors said if I was going to have a reaction to it it would be a pretty early experience on it but I was 5 years in before this started. I have been off it for about 4 months now, the pain hasn't really changed but the rest of my body is outa whack. Joy haha

• Posted

Hi Claire2905

You describe symptoms of 'Diverticulitis'

lower left abdominal pain with nausea, and feeling unwell. Have you been referred for a Colonoscopy, if not ask your doctor to refer you, although you are a little young for that, but nevertheless i would get tested for it....

• Posted

Hi, thanks for replying.

I came across this when I fell down the Google rabbit hole when googling my symptoms haha, I thought it would be a good contender but I was sent for a series of tests to see if I needed a colonoscopy, that was there next investigation but everything came back clear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.