Lower Lumber Degenerative Discs

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've had Lower Lumber Degenerative Discs well before 2009 but only discovered that year I had 3 level and now today I have 4 level. Consultants say I have only iptions to keep having Nerve Blocks and Facet Injections or 4 Level fusion with decompression and similar pain. What's the pint in that! 

I saw an article on a procedure that injects spaghetti type material into the discs that put life back into them. Don't think NHS UK will support this but wondered where they do this and what country 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I'm guessing that that's the one where they use human stem cell that is then mixed with a material that would probably look like spaghetti when they were using it. They do it in all kinds of joints and I've heard that they do it in the back to. I personally looked into it and it was extremely expensive but I live in the US. And our insurance does not cover it because it's so experimental. But if you do a Google search for stem cell joint I think you'll come up with it. FYI They collect the stem cells from your own body. It is not the stem cell that comes from a baby's umbilical cord. I knew one person who did this but it was into a shoulder joint and for her it worked wonderfully. I don't know if and I haven't heard from anyone who's done this in their back.

• Posted

Sounds amazing!! it's a shame theres not more options available and research done on the spine for all the sufferers out there, I know it comes down to money but how much money does the economy loose each year because of back pain/disability??  Supposed I'll have to wait for my lottery numbers to come up😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.