Lower pelvic problems years after total hysterectomy

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had a hysterectomy and ovaries removed about 2-3 years ago. The surgeries were done separate. I had endometriosis , sagging uterus, endometrioma in one ovary, and a huge cyst that burst through the other ovarian wall. About 6 months ago I had my gallbladder removed as well. Within the last few weeks I have started having lower pelvic cramping and a bloated stomach. I have also experienced what feels like something is coming out of my behind during intercourse. (Sorry I know that is tmi) I also have issues with small amounts of leakage of stool. Only a little amount on my underwear every now and then. I recently had some bright red loose stool. I plan to contact my doctor with these issues but it is the weekend and with COVID-19 it’s harder to receive medicine help. I also want to mention that I have a small Mass in my liver that my gastro routinely checks. They believe it could be a hemangioma. I was just looking for some insight or stories of people who have had similar issues/symptoms. I am a 29 year old female. I also had 4 c sections.

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

feeling very sad for you that you are facing a lot. is there anything you did in your childhood which resulted in this all? i mean may be you ate much of the salty thing or bitter things etc etc

• Posted

Nothing that i can think of. I always just refer to myself as the "runt" of the family. I personally believe that i may have an undiagnosed autoimmune disease. i suffer with hair loss as well.

• Edited

you you may have to have a rectocele I had the bladder put backup in place but I didn't have to have the other part done but that's what it sounds like you can also Google leakage of bowel and it will tell you

• Posted

you you may have to have a rectocele I had the bladder put backup in place but I didn't have to have the other part done but that's what it sounds like you can also Google leakage of bowel and it will tell you

• Posted

• Posted

I had my Total Vaginal Hysterectomy with Bilateral Salpingo-Oophrectomy via Laser Laparoscopy done back in July of 2017. I had also suffered from Endometriosis and Fibroids my entire adult life and also had two normal vaginal deliveries. I had also had three laser laparoscopies for my Endo between 1986 and 1998. I then had my Gallbladder removed via Laser Laparoscopy in January of 2019.

I can honestly say these surgeries were the best things I ever did for myself(not counting my LASIK and dentures:). No complications or problems EXCEPT that my IBS has gotten worse and more unpredictable with increasing looser stools to the point of Bowel Incontinence.

I just wanted to share our similarities as FYI to you and I am now 54. Susanne Nashville, Tennessee.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.