Lower pulse rate

Posted , 7 users are following.

Has anyone experienced a lower heart rate since starting Xarelto? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Heck yeah. My heart hardly feels like it's beating very strong at all on these thinners. Makes it difficult to sleep (among other things)

• Posted

Thanks. I sure have the same issues. Would love to go off it altogether!

so tired all the time, 

• Posted

Kerry, is this you first clot, how long have you been on the thinners?

I was put on apixaban in June after developing clot in the lung, the tablet made me so ill after a month I stopped. I explained to my GP he offered me warfarin which I declined.

I decided to explore natural options. Natokkinsae is a clot buster, bromelain is a natural anticoagulant, ginger and flaxseed are just some things that kerp the blood moving. Drinking lots of water is the most important thing.

I understand and appreciate not everyone wants to or can take responsibility for their own body, it was just, I personally could not live on pharmaceutical drugs making me ill.

I just wanted you to know there are options.

• Posted

I suffered a PE 2 months ago...I have been on Xarelto since...

I experience a range of odd heart sensations (I'm reassured by my GP / and Heamotology this will past)..

I have had 3 ECGs intotal during this episod....as I was a bit anxious about this..

Of course pre-existing, family hx etc ought to be taken into account..

My BP has now become a bit of an issue .. but on balance this may have been the case leading up to the PE...

Good luck .

AM????

• Posted

I had my second PE last Jan and have to be on xarelto for the rest of my life. Everytime I would get off it, a blood clot would come back more severe then the last. I find that since my last PE when I get tired I get pressure in my chest and can feel it in my leg where the first DVT was. I've been checked and Dr's say I'm fine. Not sure if I will have pressure like that for the rest of my life. 

• Posted

GenBzoo,

Did the doctors say why the clot has returned, did you make changes to your diet. I am curious as I live in a bit of fear of it returning.

Since I had my PE in June it has made me very away of keeping the blood flowing as I cannot live on tablets that make me ill. I drink a lot of water, keep active and take natural blood thinners. I had an echocardiogram in August and that was clear.

• Posted

Hey Jen,

They don’t know. They can’t figure me out.  I’ve taken all the tests and I don’t fit the mold at all for DVT’s./PE’s. I’m young, active etc... I guess, I’m just lucky! 🙄That’s why they and I would decide to get off theblood thinners. We didn’t see why I should stay on them. Thinking it was a fluke. The dr’s did say that if you were to get another one, it’s within the year. If all is clear, then you should be ok. There’s just not a lot of research on PE’s. Unfortunately. sad 

• Posted

It is horrible having an unseen enemy isn't it genbzoo. It attacks us without warning sometimes. Being unseen makes it harder to fight.

• Posted

When I first was on blood thinners after multiple PEs, my pulse kept going through the roof for the first 2 months. I changed from tablets to injections and my pulse slowed right down and my blood pressure went down as well. I get dizzy spells quite a bit now. My pulse is in normal range most of the time though, sometimes it is in its 60s and others in its 90s, but sometimes if I go from sitting to standing or walking around it shoots up to 130. My blood pressure is the lower side of normal now. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.