Lower right abdo pain and irregular bleeding

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi folks. Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have had ongoing right abdo pain for months, its about 2 inches to the right of my belly button. It didnt bother me too much as it would be very infrequent and come and go however for the last few days it is coming and going constantly. Its not agony but is painful. I am also getting pain in my back lower right hand side. My periods are like clockwork normally and I have never have any bother however I have had 3 periods in the last 1.5 months. Can anyone advise? I hate going to the doctor as I always feel like you are wasting their time but something just doesnt feel right. I would really appreciate your replies. Thanks.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I would highly recommend going to the doctor immediately. One of the possibilities is something's wrong with your appendix, since that's in the lower right quadrant. Endometriosis could be another possibility. 

• Posted

With irregular bleeding and abdominal pain, you need to see a doctor.  You won’t be wasting their time; they're there to help you. Only a doctor can diagnose you and help you to get better.  Are you menopausal?

• Posted

Hi there. Thanks for your reply. No I am not menopausal and my periods have always been really regular. I had a routine smear test about 4 months ago and it was clear.
    • Posted

Maybe you have a cyst which can be picked up by a pelvic ultrasound.
  • Posted

I've had the same and I ignored it. It's become much worse with lots of other pains. I had a scan and found that I have rupturing ovarian cysts. This is sorted but Im still in pain. I'm just constantly nagging the doctor now cus that's all you can do these days until they resolve. Not their faults it's all the financial cuts to NHS but I know they will sort it eventually.

Go to doctors and lay it on thick. It won't sort itself out!!

• Posted

Thanks for youe reply. I hope you are feeling better. Although its sore its not agony so I think that has put me off going to the doctor too. I will do now though, thsnks again.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.