Lower right abdomen sore.

Posted , 4 users are following.

A couple of days ago I had a lower right abdomen pain - the pain that feels more digestive, bathroom related. That lasted for around two days. But now the same area is just sore. It isn't too bad after I wake up but now it's just plain sore. Earlier I bended over to tie my shoe and it felt like I was being lightly stabbed. Then I noticed when I breathed in that same feeling occurred, although it's now gone when I breathe in. I haven't been able to get in a doctors appointment for this week or next because they're booked and I don't know what to do.

Additional info: stools normal, no loss of appetite, no nausea, or anything. Just soreness. I do deal with a bit of reflux, but am not sure if it can affect my abdomen like this.

any ideas? My cousin suggested ovarian cyst but I've never had that (to my knowledge, and my cycles are relatively normal. My last menstruation ended last Sunday).

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ultrasound should clarify a lot.

(Also one thought outside the box: did you cough or sneeze? Abdo muscles can get all three different grades of strains, too. Highly unlikely for total rupture, but grade 2 would hurt for a few days to a week.)

• Posted

Yes I'm planning on asking for an ultrasound. My doctor seems against those though. (He told me my thyroid was enlarged, I had normal levels, I asked for an ultrasound, he then told me "it's not that large!"wink

What do you mean by cough or sneeze?

I urinated earlier, and while it didn't burn or anything, after I was done, I had a short sharp left pain in my abdomen. My right flank and back have also been sore on and off. I think I'm breaking! What the heck is wrong with me! sad

• Posted

Eeks, im embarrassed! This isn't even my post. Similar symptoms.. oopsies!

• Posted

Sweet.

When 'pain' or 'concern' is given, then an ultrasound will be issued and with abdo pain usually one of the first imaging.

(Struma - enlarged within limits, no concern, normal hormon levels - is quite common)

• Posted

Hi Allison your cousin could be right about ovarian cysts and even though you didn't know about doesn't mean they weren't there. Over 90% of all females get ovarian cysts before during and after their periods . I too have dealt with this issue for many years and is painful. Just wait and go to Dr and be sure maybe even ask the doc if that could be it.

• Posted

Hi. I will bring that up to my doc! Thanks. If you don't mind sharing- what do yours feel like and how are they treated? I've not been able to reach him and my doctors office isn't taking walk ins and my appointment is too far. rolleyes

• Posted

I went to my gyn and she put me on birth control to stop my period bc sadly that's really the only way to stop them from returning otherwise find some good pms meds I take prymsen works great. For cramps mood swings bloating the whole nine. Might give that a try in the meantime could provide relief if not we'll you didn't lose anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.