Lower right abdominal pain

Posted , 6 users are following.

Been having lower right abdominal pain for months. Have had alot of different test and seen a surgeon. Having my 2nd colonoscopy in 2 months Dr said the firat one the prep didn'twork enough. Im worried i have adhesions from prior surgeries. Can’t seem any answers and pain is weekly.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I had had an elastic band issue around my stomach just below my belly button, that is undiagnosed for over 1 year
    • Posted

Wow. It’s frustrating. My primary is sure its adhesions and suggested laparoscopic surgery to make sure and remove them but the surgeon thinks i dont need surgery. So dealing with constant pain
  • Posted

You need a cat scan to find the cause before you can do a cure.
    • Posted

I have had 2 cat scans one wih contrast one without. Ive had internal and external intrasounds. Doing my 2 colonoscopy this week and also have hd a endoscopy and a barium enema xray. My primary said adhesions will not show up in the scans. One scan did show a hiatal hernia. So yes ive been doing alot of testing 
    • Posted

Forgot ti mention i have had a partial hysterectomy and my appendix removed thats why my primary is leanign towards it being adhesions. Just wish they could all fogure it out
  • Posted

In your case you need a scan of your entire body, The cause could lie elsewhere.
    • Posted

I agree. Frustrating when the doctors say and do different things. I can go days with no pain then have pain so bad cant hardly move. Some middle of the night or middle of the day. Thanks for your replies.
    • Posted

I experience the same pain which is excruciating at times.  My gyn said it's probably adhesions from a hyst in 1986.  It feels like I would imagine an appendicitis attack.  Thank goodness it's not all the time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.