Lower right abdominal pain/soreness, please help!

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello all. Would very much appreciate some insight if possible....

Sunday night, I noticed some pain in my lower right abdomen. It was sort of the pain/feeling where you need to use the bathroom, but it wasn't enough for me to go so I figured I would sleep it off. I also did eat some hot Cheetos this day; although I don't think it would create such a long stomach ache. Monday, it was still there. Lower right abdomen just felt a bit sore and bothered me, especially during/after eating. Monday night, there were short sharp pains above and below my bellow button, but I haven't had them since. I was worried it was perhaps my appendix, so I went to the doctor Tuesday (yesterday). He felt around my abdomen for a while, and says he thinks I have gastritis and gave me omeprazole. I still have to give a stool sample and am waiting for him to give me my blood sample results. The thing is, my cousins and friends have had gastritis and they said it was much more painful than what I describe to them, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know! I am worried.

Some additional background information

1. Female, 24

2. I sometimes burp a LOT for days (usually before my menstruation). Sometimes I feel as if the gas is stuck in my throat and gives me shortness of breath, also sometimes I have very short middle chest pain. (I know it's not heart related though because I've had an echocardiogram which showed no blockages!)

3. I've also noticed my intestines making more noise and feeling my digestion more on my right side.

4. Stools have been the same for the most part, I'm still able to use the bathroom every day. Sometimes they're small, sometimes normal sized. I did have a half light/dark brown stool though that I told the doctor about.

5. Been able to eat normally, kind of lose my appetite while I eat because of the soreness that I get, but no nausea or anything. I also think I've been extra gassy lately..

6. Do you all think this could be an ovarian problem? I just had my menstruation last week, which is usually always on time.

Again, thank you all for reading, I very much appreciate all of your experiences and information that you may have for me.

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Sounds like gastritis.  But you could also ask for an h pylori stool test.
    • Posted

I have never had gastritis.  I have acid reflux and IBS which may also be a possibility in your case.  However, with IBS you get change of bowel habit.

If you have gastritis, maybe it is a mild form and your cousins and friends have had a more severe type and that is why they say it is much more painful than you describe.

• Posted

What is your IBS like?

I've noticed lately my stools are a bit smaller, and I've been feeling like I need to use the bathroom, but not an urgent "I need to go now!" feeling. But when I go, they're rather small.

Thanks for all your help, pippa!

• Posted

I started off with tiny pellet like stools and then it switched to thin shaped, pencil like motions.  Then I got very loose urgent ones. Before IBS, they were always small and hard but Irritable bowel made them even smaller.  However, my bowel habits have since gone back to normal.  I still get more or less constant dull stomach pain which can occasionally flare up badly.  If this happens I get nausea, a twitching in my stomach and cramping, pain spasms.  Buscopan and Nurofen help with this.
    • Posted

With me it is stress related.  But everyone is different.  Some people get post infection IBS, food related IBS or as a complication of surgery on the stomach area.

My doctor recognised my IBS when I told him of my anxiety and stress, but the other causes I had to research myself. Through the experience of my brother's IBS, I learned about food related triggers.

• Posted

Also, how do you control your reflux? My omeprazole doesn't seem to be helping much.

• Posted

Ahh ok. I get that sore throat feeling sometimes from the acid and it's quite annoying. Thanks for your tips! Merry early Christmas!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.