Lower Right Abdominal Pain that moves, extreme pain and vomiting

Posted , 4 users are following.

For the past 7 years now I've had a recurring problem with abdominal pain.  It sometimes occurs once a month for a few months, then I'll go a few months with no occurances.  Sometimes the pain is mild, sometimes it excruciating.  It always starts in the upper right of my abdomen just under my ribcage, then over the course of 8-12 hours it moves slowly down my right front then near the end it moves across towards the center of my lower abdomen.  In the more extreme cases it is accompanied by vomiting.  I've had a colonoscopy and an endoscopy with no issues reported.  The first instance I had I ended up at the hospital, they did a CT scan and found nothing.  My diet is not the best in the world, but far from the worst, and it doesn't vary much.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have been having similar only its more left abdomen pain and in middle then it radiates to all over abdomen went to ER I blame it on a hernia I have same symptoms but hospital found nothing
    • Posted

From what I've read, that sounds like maybe diverticulitis? I thought that might be my problem, but nowhere does it mention the pain moving in a specific manner. 

• Posted

IBS pain can move about your stomach in the way you describe and can come and go in bouts.  It can be mild, moderate or severe.  When it is severe it can cause nausea or vomiting.  Bowel habit change and food intolerance is also common.  If all tests come back clear, IBS can be diagnosed.  Try keeping a food diary to see if you have a food trigger and keep going back to your doctor to get an official diagnosis.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.