Lower right back, thigh and upper leg pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi

I have had this condition for probably 10 years but it was so minor that I didn't worry about it.

Then I wanted to know so I went to see an orthopedic.

He took x-rays and said he couldn't find anything. He gave me Diclofenac cream and said to take Motrin 800 when needed. To come back if it got worse.

In the meantime I changed position at work and got a more physical one.

The pain increased. I went back to the orthopedic, x-rays again and he said he suspected a pinched nerve.

He gave me exercises to do.

I never did the exercises and now the pain can be real bad. The pain travels from my lower right back, to my right thigh and my leg above the knee. The pain is never at the 3 locations at once but just one.

I am fine when I work, hardly any pain but when I go home and sit and go to bed the pain can be real bad.

Motrin 800 and diclofenac cream help a lot.

I have been seeing a chiropractor who gave me exercises to do 2 weeks ago and after doing them for 2 weeks no change. He said it is not a pinched nerve and to be patient that it will take time (Is he milking me?)

I wanted to see a neurologist but my chiropractor advised against it. He said it would be better to see an orthopedic which I already did.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot

Pat

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

Hi Pat,

I have been having terrible pain in my lower back travels down back of leg to calf, even foot numb haven't been able to stand longer then a minute a muscle spasm sets in. Its been terrible. Now my hand shakes as if a nerve pinched is effecting it.

however I would say, by all means if it is a sciatic nerve like mine. it will take time and once healed the chiropractor needs to adjust you . however, if there's no improvement in a couple weeks. I suggest an MRI [ x-rays dont show tiny details] a nerve is being aggravated somewhere sounds like. Hope you get relief its been back thigh and knee along with calf pain for me no fun get well

linda

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.