Lower right chest ache that radiates to right shoulder blade.GERD??

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi for the past 4-5 months I've been having constant localized dull ache in the center lower right chest. It radiates to my right shoulder blade. I have constant forced belching which eases it a litttle. When I burp it feels like the gas is coming from the right side only, directly where my ache is. I've had a endoscopy years ago and was diagnosed with acid reflux. I get bad reflux in the mornings I can feel in my throat.  I've recently cut off smoking 1 month free. Been watching my diet as well. Anybody else have similar symptoms?  I didn't think gerd/acid reflux could make my shoulder hurt like this. Googling doesn't help lol 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not really sure if it's GERD related but I was having a strange pain in my back/shoulder and my doctor attributed it to stress.  I thought it was gallstones but it resolved.  I had a couple of episodes of it, months apart.

Good luck.

• Posted

Sounds like it could be your Gallbladder, they can do a ultrasound of your Gallbladder and see if you have Gallstones
  • Posted

Have you been back to your GP?

Right shoulder pain can possibly be a sign of a problem with the gall bladder.

You should go back and have it checked out. Good luck. 

• Posted

Thank you for the replies! I will definitely get it checked out. So

tired of the right side only chest congestion and pain. It feels like phlegm is always there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.