Lower Right Side Abdominal Pain for 4 Days

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a 14 year old healthy girl, and I have never had any serious health problems or allergies. Almost five days ago, on Wednesday afternoon I started feeling a dull pain covering my upper right abdomen and radiating into my right thigh while I was running. I walked back home, but in the next hours the pain worsened. It faded way by the evening though, and didn't come back before the morning after. The next day, the pain was pretty much the same, a bit milder though. I went to the toilet and everything like normal and haven't noticed any changes there. On Saturday though, the the pain came usually 30 minutes at a time, with breaks in between. On Sunday, the pain was sharper, but happened in shorter periods at a time. Today, on Monday, the pain is almost constant, but I barely feel it if I sit still. It's moved closer to my bellybutton, almost right next to it, on the right side still. I also feel a dull, mild pain under my bellybutton when I go to the bathroom, or flex my abdomen muscles. When I apply pressure to any point in my stomach, I feel a sting on the right side of my bellybutton where the pain is otherwise. I haven't taken any painkillers in the past two days, but I took ibuprofen and paracetamol (1000mG altogether I think) on Saturday, 500mG on Thursday, and 500mG twice on Friday. I am convinced this is unrelated to my menstruation. The pain hasn't been severe, but sharp and obviously painful in the time periods I experienced it and as any other human being, I want it to stop. I have hesitated to go to the doctor because of the Corona Virus as we are in times where the hospitals cannot afford false alarms or mild cases like this one. I used to think it was just gas trapped in my intestines, but I am getting a little worried as time has passed. I do not have a fever, I have not thrown up, been constipated or had diarrhoea.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I suffer from ibs. the pain can be from gas or the irregular movements of the intestines. If it’s pain because of gas take simethicone. That relieves gas it’s very quick acting most of the time I take 125 mg and it works in under 30 minutes or less. Or even take Imodium even though it will constipate you from having to use the bathroom hif it’s pain because of gas take simethicone. That relieves gas it’s very quick acting most of the time I take 125 mg and it works in under 30 minutes or less. Or even take Imodium even though it will constipate you from having to use the bathroom it gets rid of the cramps it gets rid of the cramps.

• Edited

Hello, do you participate in school sports? If so sounds like pulled muscles and having spasms. You should not exercise. Rest. Good Luck

• Posted

Hi saine245

It does sound as if you have over exerted yourself while running and have strained an abdominal muscle. Rest as much as you can and put heat on the area such as hot water bottle not too hot just bearable and soak in hot bearable bath. Do this for a week or so if pain continues check with your doctor...

• Posted

I agree with taking it easy for a few days and seeing if resting the area may help, are you currently menstruating and do you suffer pain with your periods ever?..Is the pain ever in the area of the kidney or the ovaries? If you feel like it may be gas, you can also try charcoal capsules which will absorb the gas the bring it out of your body, but it can also absorb any medications you take. Ask your pharmacist how many hours apart you should take the medication and the charcoal capsules. Taking such high doses of the ibuprofen and Tylenol is ok short term, but you don't want to continue that without a doctors orders. If this continues it is best to go ahead and see your GP first, if you don't find any help there see your OB/GYN next, and if nothing there see the gastro, if you want you can also see the gastro first if you feel it is more inside and not related to the period. Only you can know which one is best. Good Luck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.