Lower stomach pain for over 5 months

Posted , 4 users are following.

GOOD DAY, MY wife have been having lower stomach cramps and pain by the belly for over 5 months now. She is dehydrated most of the times, although she drinks lots of fluid but goes to the washroom to urinate the next day or 2 days after. Her condition is getting worse each week. She feels her lower stomach by the belly the inside very stiffed. The pain and cramp is bothering her daily activity and she barely goes to the washroom even when she does it is by force. She is in South Asia and the doctors there did not know what it is. I was just curious if anyone on here can help with few suggestions or what it can possibly be. THANK YOU!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

One more thing. When she does go to the washroom after she is finished she feels lots of pain in the same spot.

• Posted

It could be any number of things. The best thing to do is to keep going back to your doctor and if necessary see different doctors. Have any tests been done already? If so, what ones? Seeing your doctor and having tests will eventually give you answers. I had lower abdominal pain, bowel habit change and nausea for three and a half months. I got answers by going back and forth to my doctor and seeing different doctors for tests. My diagnosis was IBS. However, I don't know what your wife may have; only a doctor will give you accurate answers.

• Posted

Hi bay67689

This is called "Urinary Retention"..medical help should be sought as soon as possible as the condition is quite serious...

• Posted

She has not done any test yet. Although i recommended for her to go and seek out a professional doctor who can run a few test and get to the bottom of this.

• Posted

Hi bay87689

Your wife must get some medical help. Urinary Retention can affect the kidneys. Make her go and see a medical professional ad soon as possible and take a fresh urine sample with her. I would not leave this go for any longer her condition has been neglected for the last 5 months!!

• Posted

If there are no doctors in that part of the world that do not know how to help her then you have to put her on a plane to go where she can be helped. Time is of the essence.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.