Lowered my total bilirubin from 2.6 to 1.7 in 1 month!

Posted , 7 users are following.

Got my blood work results today. On 3/23/16 my total bilirubin was 2.6 on 4/27/16 my total bilirubin dropped to 1.7!

After reading an article on brocolli and bilirubin levels, (cant post links here so google "cruciferous bilirubin") I added broccoli extract powder, and green superfood powder to my smoothie and made sure I had a salad every day.

Not a bad result!

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dave would eating broccoli every day and a green leafy salad

be just as effective?

• Posted

I would think so. The study that I looked at did not use any extracts, just vegetables. You just might have to eat a lot. I was already eating a lot of salads before and my bilirubin was still high. Things came down when I added the broccolli extract and green superfood. I also eat a lot of those $5 Safeway veggie trays with carrots, celery, and broccolli. I try to avoid too much iceberg lettuce and go for deep green stuff like kale, spinach etc. 
  • Posted

That's fantastic!  What brand or type of broccoli extract powder do you take, and how much per day?  Also, what kind and amount of superfood powder?  Thanks for any info you can give me.
  • Posted

Hello -

That's interesting and certainly worth trying. I think I recall though fluctuations between similar levels myself at different times I've had my bilirubin measured -- so just wondering if the different results might not be attributable to fluctuations in Bilirubin that are perhaps common and could be attributable to other circumstances. 

Certainly brocoli and salads are healthy foods that are valuable to eat, regardless. And maybe they are making the difference that you see in your bloodwork. Would be interesting and appreciated to hear if your level stays at 1.7 on your next bloodwork assuming you continue on the same diet. 

Thank you 

• Posted

Hello -

That's interesting and certainly worth trying. I think I recall though fluctuations between similar levels myself at different times I've had my bilirubin measured -- so just wondering if the different results might not be attributable to fluctuations in Bilirubin that are perhaps common and could be attributable to other circumstances. 

Certainly brocoli and salads are healthy foods that are valuable to eat, regardless. And maybe they are making the difference that you see in your bloodwork. Would be interesting and appreciated to hear if your level stays at 1.7 on your next bloodwork assuming you continue on the same diet. 

Thank you 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.