Lowering dose........effects !!

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi all

was on 20 mg for 5 months

dropped to 15 mg 9 weeks ago

hit a wall last 48 hrs!!!

could it be the citalopram re adjusting itself?

need advice please

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hey Rob,

I was just thinking about you today. Whats going on? I seem to be right there with you. My anxiety has been bad since I got home from vacation. Anxiety attacks, tired all the time, low mood....

I keep hoping its a blip, too. Been almost three weeks at this point.

Hang in there!!

• Posted

hi laura

geez how are you, i was thinking about you wondering if your ok?

im sorry you feel horrible, just when you think you ve cracked it then boom!!!!

from what im reading it seems like its from the drop in dose

im still working & getting on with day to day stuff but i know 'its' reared its ugly head again!!!!

is your morning anxiety still bad laura?

can you manage to leave the house at all?

rob

• Posted

Its still pretty bad, Rob. Im not sure mine is from the dropped dose or not. I really cant pin point it.

Im glad youre still able to get out and work. Just one day at a time!

Morning anxiety is still bad. A couple of anxiety attacks, even. Is your night time anxiety still bad?

Im leaving the house when I need to, but have been spending a lot of time watching tv during the day. I work from home but work has been slow so less to keep me distracted.

Still hoping its just a hurdle....

I hope yours gets better too!!!

• Posted

im sure its just a hurdle you gotta jump laura

im busy at work so that takes my mind off it, its the evenings where i stumble!

i ve just took my dog on the park so had a evening walk to clear the head.

are you worried or concerned about anything? things can build up in the background without realising it.

• Posted

why are you dropping dose??

• Posted

hi lois

after 5 months i still felt as if it was too high, i felt my head was full of fog if that makes sense, first few weeks were good on 15 then crash!

• Posted

same thing happen to me i lower to ten and i fully recovered on ten .best regards

• Posted

when you dropped lois did you get start up side effects?, similar to first going on the med?

• Posted

i was already suffering withdrawls from a different ssri so i pay it no mind.but i did experience relief from headaches and mood.

• Posted

Hi

i am wanting to lower my dose from 20 to 10 and then taper off all together. How do you go about tapering it without having side effects? a few months ago i went from 40 to 20 and now i need to go to 10 i guess and then stop taking it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.