LP

Posted , 5 users are following.

So today I went to the dentist and as well as LS I gave oral Kichen Planus to add to my bag , along with a rash on my lower back , inner arms and top of my feet . Not too itchy been putting steroid cream on . But just something else to deal with , can anyone advise please . Just beginning to get my head around the LS and now this, so totally fed up xxxxx

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jane, I have oral lichen planus too and what I have found is that it comes and goes in much the same way as Lichen Sclerosus.  Stress in my case will cause a major flare up and so you have to watch for that.  The rashes you refer to are an unfortunate symptom too. 

When you are having a flare up you will have to watch what you eat as it can be quite painful.  I had some luck with using homoeopathy for it.  I used Arsenal Alb. three times a day for a week during flare-ups and it often worked quite well, it might be worth giving it a try If you have a homoeopathy centre near you.

• Posted

Does any of this ever go away? I have anxiety do you can imagine how stressed I am . I have the ls in control and now yet another curve ball . What is Arsenal alb please ? Thank you so much for replying at least I know I am not alone xxxxx
    • Posted

Also I have been told about the uses of Turmeric , has anyone else tried this . Do you take any supplements at all ? Like Vit D ? Xx
    • Posted

Hello

Just want to let you know you are NOT alone.

I am a 14 year survivor of this dreadful unfortunate disease. I manage well and am thankful to be in a good place these days. I will be celebrating 44 years of marriage in August

It's difficult but always know it could be worst. Stay calm and look for solutions with a qualified healthcare pro. After many doctors. One even appeared on 60 MINUTES, I found an oncology gynecologist who knew what to advise me to do and he has compassion too. I had lived with chronic pain in my V for 10 years before him.. So I know there's hope I lived at 7 in a 10 threshold for pain. It was awful. I'm pain free now after vulvectomu and clobetesol cream . That may not work for you but something will

Stay positive as possible and develop a good prayer life. Hope this helps somebody because I'm grateful for the relief

Bless you

• Posted

Hi Jane, Arsenal Alb is  a homoeopathic solution that worked for me, it might not for you, but I definitely got some relief from it and so my suggestion is to maybe try homoeopathy.  What people don't know is that homoeopathy works very well for people with skin problems.  As I mentioned, stress really does cause flare-ups of OLP.  I have had it for over thirty years and so you must try to not get too stressed about it.  One thing about OLP though is that it does go away and then, of course, it often returns but I have not had a flare up in years now.

• Posted

Thank you for your kind , comforting positive words , you have always helped with such positivity . I hope one day to be in as good a place as you . I gave a holiday booked on a month , staying in a beautiful house in the Spanish mountains compete with pool , I was so looking forward to it , now I am not sure all if this will allow me to go . Can you drink wine , eat spicy food etc etc . Sorry so many questions xxx
    • Posted

Hi Jane, in your shoes I would try to get on top of this as best you can before going on holiday. What are your symptoms? 

Mine at my worst would be white plaques of skin on the inside of my cheeks.  These didn't cause any problems but the ulcers which would line the edges of my tongue were awful.  The other horrible symptom is that my mouth would feel like 'morning mouth' as though I had cotton wool in there...its pretty bad when you have this full on!

Look online and find out where you can purchase homeopathy..its worth a shot...as I said it definitely helped me and you could try what I used Arsen Alb.  You could also try mixing bicarb of soda with water to make a paste, then apply it to any sores in your mouth, perhaps twice a day.  Leave it in for a couple of minutes.  It might help, but it has to be a paste, which will ensure it sticks to the sores. Or try one teaspoon of honey and mix 1/4 teaspoon turmeric to make a paste then rub it on the sore. Or massage the gums in the mouth with a mixture of honey and coconut oil... it is worth trying all of these as you never know.

Look at your diet, avoid alcohol and sweet stuff, which you are probably doing anyway. With regard to food on holiday, you will need to avoid wines and spicy sauces/foods.  You can eat things like potatoes, rice, fresh fish and fresh meats and veggies...yummy!

All this will pass and you will be okay.  It is just like LS, you flare and then you don't and life is good again.

• Posted

I only have the white patches and the cotton wool mouth I don’t have any ulcers yet. I thought I had a handle on this with the ls diagnosis . To be honest I truly wish I was dead , I am going to see my GZp tomorrow . My dentist has said it will come and go , how do people live like this , I really truly cannot cope . I think the ls is pretty much under control . I have LP in the small of my back , top of my feet and on my shoulders also inner forearms , it’s not loads but it’s there and I am totally freaked out by it . My dr says the rash will go away , he also says the OLP will go away . That’s all fine but it’s when it comes back , I can’t cope with the idea I am going to have to deal with all this crap for the rest of my life . I’ve heard now you can get LP in your ears and eyes and I am freaking out about that too . I cannot live constantly worried and stressed about this . Sorry I just don’t know what to do . Jane xxxxxx
    • Posted

No need to apologize for how you feel. Completely understand and empathize. I have olp too and have difficulty chewing coarse or crunchy. I just avoid those things i know will trigger symptoms . Listen, this disease is NOT who you are. Sounds like you have loving relationships and I'm sure this illness will not turn them away. I am glad you noted 1 day at a time. Honestly life is a journey with or without olp or lp. Everybody has something to deal with and that's reality. Focus on your assets which seem to be many . I say often...my challenges are getting weaker and weaker and my attributes are growing stronger and stronger. Words have life. None of this is easy but over time whether our circumstances change or not we are better. You will get better with the decision to be better. Breathe

• Posted

Hi Jane, your dentist is correct in that it will come and go.  I haven't had a flare up in over a year now.  The rash you refer to also comes and goes.  For a long time I had a rash on my back and on the top of my feet.  I found Quadriderm cream helped me with that.  I have not heard of anyone reporting OLP attacking the eyes and ears.  I know that there is an OLP forum on this site, maybe you should join that as well? it might help with the anxiety as anxiety is the worst thing for this condition.  Hang in there.

• Posted

Thank you . I am going to check out a Turmeric today , not keen on supplements but wondered about sprinkling it on food . Thank you ladies so helpful xx
  • Posted

Good morning

We all need to share so questions are good for us. My lifestyle excludes alcohol and spicy food. I was told to eliminate sugar but I didn't manage that one. For years I avoided pools because of open skin eruptions. I now enjoy water exercise classes 3 days a week with no problem. Never thought I would ever be well enough for that. So you see, we don't have a life sentence . Things change and get better with adjustments and prayer. Live your best life daily and when you don't feel like it don't. Rest is our friend. Blessings to you.

• Posted

Thank you Harriet 

Just day to day , what lovely advice ,

Thank you xxxxxx❤️

• Posted

Thank you Jane for allowing me to share. Today I am better because of you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.