LPR??

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi,

I'm desperate. I was diagnosed with gastritis, reflux, and small ulcers. The ulcers were healed last year. For the past 2 years I constantly have phlem and white acidy stuff in my throat that I have to spit up. I am always burping, clearing my throat, and at times I am throwing up the acid and food that isn't digested from my throat. I am getting married in 8 months and don't see any hope to make this better. I am currently taking nexium in the morning and zantac at night.

Please any information or ideas would be appreciated.

2 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Dawn,

Your experience sounds remarkably similar to mine. I have suffered from stomach ulcers for the past 10 months and have only recently healed them. I too was throwing up food that was too acidic that my belly could not digest. 10 months of antacids (omeprazole) from the doctor didn't really help, so i stopped taking them and tried the cabbage juice "miracle cure" and it REALLY WORKS!

You need a proper juicer for this (NOT a blender), I borrowed my neighbour's to start with but I have just puchased my own - expensive but worth it for the sake of my health! You have to drink roughly a litre of fresh white cabbage juice (3-4 cups) per day, best between or 20 minutes before a meal. Don't ferment the cabbage juice, drink it fresh. Around a third to half a cabbage will make one cup of juice, so expect to get through a lot of cabbages! Do it for 7-10 days and then you can ease off and just do it occasionally when you feel the need. I have a cup of cabbage juice instead of taking antacids like "Rennies" now, whenever I feel a bit refluxy or my belly doesn't feel quite right - or if I know I'm going to be eating a very acidic meal! Google "cabbage juice ulcers" for more info about the properties of cabbage juice and the studies they did on prison inmates with ulcers. Also you can mix it with pear juice (or apple or carrot etc) if you want it to taste better. Personally I didn't mind the taste of it as it was, it's quite sweet really.

Another thing I did was to increase my fibre intake, (almonds are amazing 12% fibre, and sweet potatoes and pears are great too) which helped my belly to heal but also really helped with, er, downstairs issues too (the ulcer left me permanently backed up). Sorry if TMI!

Hope this helps and good luck, I know how horrible it is to feel that way! It really worked for me, and now I feel better than I have in a long time. So if you decide to give it a try let me know how you get on. x

• Posted

Oh also all the things mo04226 said about cutting out coffee, wine, acidy foods etc, I had done all that too, very important! I can now have an occasional glass or two of wine and even mince pies or dark chocolate without feeling worse for it. xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.