LPR and mouth pain? Anyone help?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Having a really sore mouth at the moment. Is this LPR? It's mainly on one side, just behind my front teeth and to the mid point of my hard palate. A bit worried cos it's on one side, to be honest. Anyone had similar? Anything I can do to ease the pain? Thanks! 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi --stella19032

it certainly sounds like a side effect of LPR - it's on the soft palate - I have this unfortunaley quite regularly and it's painful, the only thing I find helps is gently chewing gum for a few minutes which helps keep the saliva coming and keeps your palate moist.

you may also find alkaline water helps it's has a high PH 8.2 which helps fight the acid and helps with your sore mouth and maybe sore throat which sometimes comes  with it  try not to worry it's very uncomfortable at times very painful , I find salt aggravates it.

hope this little bit of info helps, water is available inmost Tesco stores and in some £ shops but only in England  also look at the Ebook - water for health a lot of helpful info on there, I also follow an alkaline diet which is great to fight the LPR 

All the best Wilfie 

• Posted

Hi Wilfie, mines on my hard palate right behind my front teeth. I get water from the 99p shop but unfortunately it doesn't help, I've persisted with it though as it's better than nothing. I just don't understand why this should still be happening when I'm in ppis, domperidone and gaviscon sad

As it's on one side I'm now terrified it's something nasty. It's been going on for 2 months now. I agree that salt definitely makes things worse. Off to the docs this morning so hopefully he will have an explanation . 

• Posted

Hi, what could be worth a try is coconut oil. Coconut oil has anti inflammatory, anti bacterial and anti fungal qualities. I recommended it to another lady who had burning mouth and she said it worked within 24hrs. My son used it to treat a tooth abscess. You can buy it from the health store. It is set at room temp. Place a teaspoon of it in the mouth. It desolves almost immediately. Swish it round the mouth for a few minutes and spit it out. Use 3 x day. Coconut oil can be stored at room temp. It is a saturated fat but the good type. It has lots of amazing qualities check it out.
    • Posted

That sounds really interesting. I will get some next time I'm in town. Thanks, Gallee.

• Posted

Hey Gallee, got the coconut oil today, half price too so I'm happy. Going to start tonight. I will let you know how I get on. My dentist has referred me for a biopsy which scares me but he assures me he doesn't think it's anything sinister. Hopefully this oil will soothe things down so I don't have to think about it smile xx
  • Posted

Well I've been to the doctors this morning and he says it's impossible for this to be caused by reflux, as I'm on Max dose ppis. Now I'm getting really worried. Luckily my dentist says he will see me this pm, so fingers crossed 
  • Posted

Stella, when I was diagnosed as having hiatus hernia they put me on 150mg Zantac twice a day. I had told them that ppi's didn't work for me but Zantac helped for the odd episode. This was to treat inflammation in my osophagus because I was told it will not cure itself. At this time I had no symptoms from my osophagus. After one week on the Zantac I started gushing acid into my throat. (Think this is what they call rebound). Stopped them immediately and went back on my digestive enzymes. I have just started sleeping with the bed head raised and the acid taste in my mouth has disappeared. I found out that a bloated stomach caused by incorrectly digested food or constipation can force bile back into the stomach where it reacts to create gas and pain. (First sign I get is a strange ill feeling that makes me feel terrible.) when this happens I take a Zantac to suppress the stomach acid that's reacting with the bile and eat a couple of dry cream crackers. Within 10 min I'm ok. I'm convinced that constipation plays a big part. (I use water that has been sterilised by boiling for 15min and allowed to cool. This is used in a home enema kit. It gives instant results without using any drugs. If I follow this I eat little and often don't wear tight clothing and avoid fats and nightshade foods I'm ok. 
    • Posted

Hi Maureen, I baught mine off ebay. Mine is called FullWash home enema kit. Comes with instructions on how to use it. I boil 1 ltr of bottled water although it does recommend tap water. Let it boil for 15min. Then let it cool until it's just warm.  Hang the enema bag about 2'6" above bottom. Lay on right side. Lubricate nozzle on end of tube from enema bag. Apply small amount of lubricant to anus (ie vaselene). There is a valve near to the nozzle. Run some water through the tube. Insert nozzle into anus carefully. Open valve and allow water to drain into bowel. Close valve and remove nozzle. Hold water in bowel for 12 min. Don't worry if you can't hold it that long. Then let it go. You will be surprised what a good clear out you get. What I like is no chemicals. Puts you in control of your bm's. No pain. After the first time you will not be embarrassed to do an enema I promise. Best of luck. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.