LPR -Burning sensation Right side of throat

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi there,

I am having burning sensation on right side of throat. I am omeprazole and it is not helping much. My GP diagnosed acid reflux. I am going to get endoscopy done next week. Anyone with this problem? If you could advise if medications work for you? It is affecting me. Please help

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi Tina. I'm in same condition as you are but I'm too far gone I have done the biggest mistake of my life. My problem was frequent throat clearing and burning. PPIs didn't help me at all and none of the doctors knew about lpr and just to make money, they prescribed me a gastroscopy and colonoscopy.. Even though it has nothing to do with the reflux diagnoses. Please do not get the endoscopy done, I did and now I'm regretting it the most that I don't wanna live anymore I have this unexplained discomfort / inflammation on top of my mouth  that is not going away it's been 4 months and I can't study can't do nothing but just be in despair and regret. If it's something serious, get barium swallow done instead and if you know it's lpr then there are plenty of treatments online available I wish I had taken them instead because for lpr there's no medications lpr isn't caused by acid PPIs h2 antagonists and antacids won't work since lpr is caused by pepsin and they are useless against pepsin. Hope this helps 

• Posted

Hi there

i am sorry to hear about your condition. Have you tried other PPIs ? blood test, MRI, Xrays? What were the results? Worse case there is something I read about fundoplication surgery? I will keep you in my prayers.

• Posted

Thank you so much I appreciate it a lot may God bless you. I'm just 19 years old and this is happening to me.. I have tried antibiotics steroids everything nothing works because acid isn't the problem if it was acid I'd have heart burn I don't. What I have is frequent throat clearing from mucus and sore throat and that is when pepsin gets activated by eating acidic foods. Lpr can only be modified by the diet not by the medicines. Just don't get through the endoscopy if you're not suspected for cancer and there are alternative to endoscopy which are better and not invasive 

• Posted

Hi Tina this is Buck girl I have suffered a lot from acid reflux,what I know you do get mucus, clearing of the throat and sore throat. What I know too there is silent reflux too where you don't even get much symptoms. I did the endoscopy I had no problem at all it was like ABC and my meds help me some what not fully. Hope you get the help you need and feel better.

• Posted

Get the book The Acid Watchers Diet and follow the healing phase for 28 days. It's written by a very popular ENT doctor. I had a very badly burned esophagus from going off my PPI meds too fast. I did this diet and took Slippery Elm powder dissolved in water and I'm so much better now. I am into the maintenance phase and am adding foods back and am finding out my true trigger foods. I'm 98% better. 

• Posted

It's normal. The esophagus is sensitive. Drink loads of water and don't stress.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.