LPR help

Posted , 4 users are following.

what are you fellow LPR sufferers drinking? All the forums are saying don't drink alcahol or fizzy drinks (that's ok I don't drink either) cut out tea & coffee, avoid dairy and fruit juice. I am bored with water/ coconut water / milk. Any suggestions please ?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have been fine with Ginga Ninja, and some very low glycemic apple ciders.  Commonwealth Traditional Dry Cider, and Harpoon Cider.  Ginga Ninja is made from Ginger and Apple Juice.  Ginger is supposed to be good for digestion, so why not give it a try.

If drinking anything, I recommend limiting yourself to 1 drink.

Also, I'm finding that doing pushups and planking seem to be helping.  Anything that strengthens the core, without putting pressure on the stomach seems decent (no situps).

• Posted

Thanks I'm on the ginger, good for the nausea. I will have to try the apple see if it helps. A year ago before it all started I was completely fit doing yoga, spin classes etc. Now I'm finding walking is best for excessive.

• Posted

Hello Joyclyn,

Through the years it has been water that has been my friend.   Since it is the caffeine in the drinks (coffee, tea) that causes the reflux issue; and the sugar (calories) in the other bottled drinks, I have found that adding very thin slices of lemon, cucumber or chopped up fruit (tied up in cheese cloth) helps to liven up the flavor of water. I hope this helps.

• Posted

Thanks for the suggestion think it's going to be water for a while then, tried coconut water that tastes better not sure it helps though!

• Posted

Champagne. It may not be good for the reflux but if you drink enough, you won't care.

im joking of course. I don't know the answer to that one as my Omeprazole has just about cured me. I believe mine is caused by nerve damage as I haveMS. 

• Posted

Haha that would be great trouble is I'm not that into alcohol 1 glass and a sniff of the cork and I'm asleep thanks anyway

• Posted

I knew there was a good reason not to give up on the bubbly. smile That's it sorted for my GERD smile smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.