LPR(Starting to feel depressed)Someone PLEASE HELP!!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been dealing with this issue since July of 2016,and it's really taking a toll on me.I have the sensation of something being stuck in my throat,so of corse I have difficulty swallowing my foods.I have cut out alot of things,but i'm wondering why havent I gotten any better.I have even had a change in my voice(I guess it sounds a little slurred).I am currently taking omeprazole am,and ranitidine before bed.I have been to get xrays(referred by my gastroenterologist) just waiting on results,but is anyone else experiencing any of the same symptoms?What helped you get better?Please help!!!

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You mite need a higher dose of medication also if your stressed about your condition it will only make matters worse try to relax when eating have you tried any medication to help you relax
  • Posted

Hi I'm in similar position in addition I have lump in my chest too. It feels like I've swallowed nuts and bolts and it's lodged in throat and chest. I've tried several PPIs and nothing has helped either. Endoscopy showed gastritis, nothing in esophagus or throat. GI says gerd, ent says LPR. Both say to keep up with PPIs. I stopped my ranitidine at night as I felt the lump got worse after swallowing it so just on morning ppi now. Mine gets worse with each meal so by late afternoon ( my last meal) it's very bad. I get impression since nothing is showing in tests that doctors think I'm imagining it. Going to try naturopathic approach next. Conventional medicine is just throwing PPIs at it. Good luck.

• Posted

I've tried Dexilant 60, Aciphex 20, Protonix 40 and most OTC ones. Currently just in Protonix 40 in the morning. I'm thinking of gradually getting off of it while adding in natural remedies like aloe vera, no sugar, etc to see if anything helps.

• Posted

Hi Lashae40308

I have the same problem and unfortunately it has been with me for almost 2 years now. Test never show any signs so I just take PPI in the morning and try and watch what I eat and drink. Just recently I have stopped having milk in tea and cereals and I have changed to soya which I read may be of some help, too early to confirm whether this will help but I am hopeful as I have been told that milk is not good gor GERD sufferers. Also trying not to feel down/depressed really is beneficial although not always easy. It looks as though there are many of us sufferers out there who cannot get total relief but we can only keep trying.

All the best

Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.