LS

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. Fir the last 18 months I have been suffering down below. I'm red raw and even sitting down is unbearable. I keep getting infections like bv and yeast infections and it's really getting me down. I also have an odour and despite being prescribed numerous antibiotics it's still there. I'm very hygienic I shower twice a day, wear cotton underwear and i change my clothes everyday. Yesterday i noticed an ulcer on the inside of my labia. Doctors and gynaes are no help. They keep giving me antibiotics but they're not helping. I'm very self conscious especially of the odour. Could it be Lichen Sclerosus? I also keep getting UTI's. I don't know what's going on. I hope someone can advise me re same.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

LS doesn't cause an odour so I'm not sure if that is it. The ulcer if appearing after scratching incessently does match some symptoms. Have you been swabbed and found out what infection it is? If not I would say do this asap and then work on getting rid of it. Also check the ph balance inside your vagina which is different to outside. I would go on a strong probiotic/natural keifir and remove all sugars from diet to see if it improves. Sugar feeds candida and by removing it and replacing good bacteria you can fight off the infection. I would be looking at other ways to minimise such as cotton or bamboo underwear only, when at home allow the air at it, borax plus sodium bicarbonate baths or sitz baths, rinse yourself with a mix of sodium bicarbonate in a peri bottle every single time you go to the bathroom, this will kill off the bad bacteria but do not douche with it or it could harm your good bacteria balance. I would try manuka honey directly onto the ulcer and see if it will heal it once every night. Its sticky and yucky but I have heard great reports on this for putting LS into remission.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.