LS and Genital Herpes - Help!

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have Linchen Sclerosis for over two years now and it has been a complete nightmare.

Super painful. But to add to this I also have genital herpes and have had a massive flare up for about three months now.

My questions are the following:

Does anyone else have LS and genitals herpes?

If yes, how do you manage them at the same time?

Can you apply Clob to the herpes breakout?

Any methods of relief would be so welcomed right now.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have both...

I can tell you, that whenever i use clob i get a darn herpes outbreak that seems to last forever.

I have a zovirax cream that works WONDERS for the herps. Im gonna be sad when i run out of it.

its a constant battle between the two ailments, but when i take an antiviral, and use the cream, AND the clob, i seem to get everything under control within 2-3 weeks id say.

hang in there. I know your struggles.

• Posted

I also have both. Sometimes i find it difficult to know which one i am having a flare up from since some of the symptoms are similar. I always start with Clob, never have gotten an outbreak from using Clob. I also faithfully use coconut oil.

Ive been fortunate i haven't had an outbreak in over a year. I go on anti virals when i do. Just got over a 3 week flare up from the LS. Baking soda baths are soothing, that may help you. I hope you feel relief soon!! Do you take anti virals also?

• Posted

Alex1968 - I have both... I've been on Acyclovir (sp?) medication forever (I take one every day)... and I think that's what's helped me with keeping the herpes outbreaks from interfering with my LS treatment. I just got diagnosed with LS in May... and I've been fortunate enough to only have one outbreak and it was short... I use CLOB everyday before bed. Maybe ask your doctor about anti-viral meds... hopefully it'll help.

I know this sucks... having herpes was bad enough - and now adding LS, too.... nightmare. 😦 Hang in there... you're not alone!

• Posted

Sorry folks for not replying. In Spain with all the flooding. No Wifii. And thanks for all of your suggestions.

Here is a real cracker of a question. Has anyone tried rubbing Abreve on your genital herpes?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.