LS and Oral Sex

Posted , 16 users are following.

Hi Ladies - definitely been plucking up the courage to post on this particular topic - definitely a sensitive one.  Oral sex was never an issue for me before. With LS intensifying in the last couple of years, I find oral sex is out for me - it triggers a flare up - I'm wondering is it because saliva upsets the whole PH balance down there???  Would like to hear your views on this. 

2 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Well done you 😊 for mentioning it.

I think I will probably never have any kind of sex whatsoever ever again so I,m afraid I can't comment ! Maggie is

• Posted

Sorry to hear you're struggling in that dept. It's not a problem for me in fact it's essential for me now so I have no idea if it's saliva that causing your flare up .... Maybe someone else on here can help. But you're very brave posting the question .... What would we do without this site ??

Good luck in search for answers

Big hugs

• Posted

Ha, yep literally a sensitive one smile. I found that every time my skin would crack in fine lines and it would sting for days after - and I would itch/sctrach like mad, which obvoiusly doesnt help the healing.

Also, because the clitoris have shrunk (!) it takes lot longer to orgasm and if you're like me who rarely/never has a vaginal orgasm, it just plain stressfull.!

I have "fixed" the fine tears by lubricating on a daily basis - with or without having sex, and have found the less dry it is, the better. So maybe try that for a while and see if it helps. Use coconut oil, fatty cream ( was suggested to me by my sex doctor..), almond oil or whatever grease you can come up with.

So for us non vaginal orgasm women , this sucks!

• Posted

I find it actually helps most of the time! And it's the only form of sex we have now so

thank goodness it does. It occasionally causes discomfort but most often than not it helps.

I think it's good to stimulate the area.

I had the stem cell treatment in Italy in 2014 and was able

to have penetrative sex for just over a year until I started having

flare ups again.

Until I can have a second treatment, I'm able to manage the

condition on a day to day basis by just using coconut oil,

occasional clob but no penetrative sex.

It works for us at the moment but I'm hoping it won't always be like this.

My advice

is not to give up- find what works for you and be as honest as you can

with your partner. And try to stay positive - not easy with this horrible

condition. xx

• Posted

I like to speak frankly, and so I'm just not sure why oral sex would trigger a flare up.  I just dont understand why that would happen. If you are not flaring oral sex should be fine, its actually good to get the stimulation down there as I think women with LS don't feel the clitoris as keenly as they once might have done.  

Any kind of flare up, itch, soreness will make it uncomfortable, and oral sex will make the problem worse, but as I said I can't see why you should have problems down there without a flare up.   Is it possible that you might just need to cut down the OS time, and that might help?  I would try masturbating with a lubricated vibrator and see what happens, see how you feel afterwards....the difference between the two.    

I suppose it could be possible that your body is reacting to his saliva, I don't know, I cant say for sure, we are always unearthing new stuff here with regard to Lichen Sclerosus.

• Posted

Hi any friction from what ever form can cause problems, for me some areas are worse like around the ureatha. I don't know the answer but don't give up keep trying different things xxx

• Posted

Hi Samford

After 9 months not able to have OS managed it last night. No problems today but my LS has been reasonable for a few weeks so the skin is more normal not sore or crinkerly.

My dermotologist has given me a mild steroid along with the clob so have been able to rest the skin. I have also bought PH strips to test acidity may be test partners mouth see how acid alkaline he is.

Hope this helps.

Kay xx

• Posted

Samfire

i had the same problem. It would itch and sting afterwards. I haven't fownd a solution.  Sorry to hear your having this issue. This is such a frustrating condition. I have recently completed my third Mona Lisa Touch treatment, i am hoping for a return to some sort of normal in the future.

• Posted

Hi Sam, i am so pleased you Have brought up this subject.. it's exactly the same for me or certainly was the last time we had oral sex. I was over a week trying to get things under control as it stung and itched like crazy.. I also shower straight away and apply my steroid cream so that should have settled things down. I too thought it would be a better solution than penetrative sex but now I'm not so sure. Maybe youre right and it is the saliva that's the problem, as it doesn't cause the friction like penetrative.. It's embarrassing mentioning it to my gyny but think I'll have to when I see him. Hope you've got it sorted now - Jo

• Posted

Hi Joanne55511 - Thank God it's not just me! so, even though I wouldn't wish it on you smile  Yeah I definitely think with me anyway, it's something to do with the PH balance. Would test with dip sticks if I knew how to use them lol.  When I have my Gynae appointment I'm going to mention it to her. I'm still in the early days of diagnosis. Stinging is exactly the way I would describe it too - and irritated and I get a bit of swelling too.  Pity we have to suffer so much. Thought it would be a better alternative to intercourse ..... Oh well ..... x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.