LS and Pelvic Floor Mussels

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi - has anyone with LS also experienced problems with their pelvic floor mussels?  Mine seem to go into spasm at times of a flare up which is very uncomfortable and the only thing I can take to relax them is Lorazepam, this helps but obviously spaces me out a little for the day and not something I am keen to keep taking.  Any advice or feedback from the great forum would be appreciated. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I've heard there are physiotherapists who specialize in releasing pelvic floor spasms. And I think helping you prevent them going forward. Maybe only in large cities, but it's worth a search...
  • Posted

I wasn't sure whether the discomfort came from a severe fall from a tree, ladder and all while pruning trees, or that there was a connection with LS.  I went a couple of times to a masseur and that has helped.  While in the bath I still massage my lower back for a while, I make sure to sit on good support to relieve the lower back, in my car I have a special seat.  I have been watching my food intake - a balanced diet has proven to be important as well.  

• Posted

I had much discomfort from muscles aches in pelvis. Went to a massage therapist and found relief.
    • Posted

Hi Sandra - thanks for the reply.  Was the massage of the internal mussels or external? I know there is some PT s that do internal massage to release the mussels but if general massage helps I would prefer to try that
    • Posted

It was a general external massage. She found one or two muscles in the pelvis that were tight.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.