LS and permanent hair removal

Posted , 10 users are following.

I am a 42 year old woman, recently diagnosed with LS, very sad and afraid about it. I am suggested not to do waxing or shaving in that area as makes it more irritated. Wanted to ask you what about permanent hair removal? Am I going to put myself in danger? 

Also is there any specific diet that I can follow to control the sickness a bit? Thank you. 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I just shave - with the amount of stuff I’m rubbing in it just is easier and not so messy. I have cut sugar out of my diet and (fingers crossed) have been symptom free for a couple of years now. Good luck!
  • Posted

Hi Mona, I just use small curved scissors to cut the hair that I can get hold of. If I can't hold it, then it is pretty short and  I have found this method, whilst very awkward :-) , enables me to see pretty much what is going on. I also have no issues with itchy regrowth doing this.

There are lots of dietary restrictions that you could try which would probably benefit your health overall. Have a look round google and see what comes up. It is a very personal thing. Sugar, as someone else mentioned, is very bad for everyone. Then there is Gluten and some say, all grains should be excluded. Coffee and tea. Then there are the oxalic acids and the deadly nightshade family. Dairy, animal protein inc. eggs. Some diets even restrict legumes, as well as all of the above!  I have seen someone come off their insulin injections by juicing vegetables and eating some fruit and salad. That same diet ( we were at a retreat venue) made myself and my daughter lose weight but feel weak. Best wishes.

• Posted

Hello dear Susan,

Thanx for your kind reply. All true about this diet habits. I Just started to have less sugar as it is good in general. I was thinking to do permanent hair removal if it is not going to push a severe LS attack on me. 

Kind regards,

Mona

• Posted

Mona,

‘’I am doing permanent hair removal now and it has not so far triggered a bad reaction - I’ve had 3 laser sessions so far.

I guess you have to look at how bad/often you have flare ups and if it’s worth it.

There are different types of laser and the therapist usually tries out the weaker laser first to see your reaction.

Good luck with your decision 

• Posted

I use an electronic shaver as I am prone to getting abcesses in the area if i overdo it. ive found keeping clean shaven has helped with the itching a lot.  I have stopped taking sugar and cut out dairy almost completely as well. this has helped a tonne. all the best, youre not alone, and you CAN live free of symptoms, it's just about finding what will work for you and being consistent. this forum will definitely help a lot with suggestions.

• Posted

Thank you dear for your reply. YES, this forum is a relief to me. I got an appointment to have consultation do see if it is Ok to do permanent hair removal. Will let you all know about it soon.
  • Posted

Hi All, i ammon the same boat. Please let us know on your experience withthe hair removel procedure. I want to do the same think. Thank you and good luck!
  • Posted

There is no guarantee for permanent hair removal. Body hair growth is influenced predominantly by hormonal and genetic factors. Lasers does not permanently stop hair growth but it helps reduce the hair growth to a much extent. Laser hair removal works by heating the hair follicles to stop new hairs from growing. This puts the hair follicles in a state of dormancy for a long period of time much longer than with shaving and waxing. So you can definitely try laser if you're seeking out for hair removal in the long run. If you're planning to buy and do it yourself at home then this resource has listed the <a href="https://www.radarmagazine.com/home-laser-hair-removal/">6 Best Home Laser Hair Removal Devices – 2018 Top Picks</a>. I have personally done at home and the results are pretty much amazing! Do share your experience also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.