LS and PFD

Posted , 4 users are following.

Have any of you also been diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I'm not exactly sure what Pelvic Floor Dysfunction means.  However, I have sort of diagnosed myself to see a good massager.  This person noticed that my pelvis was slightly out of 'wack'.  This was causing the discomfort I experienced.  Which may have been the result of my over compensating while trying to find comfortable positions for sitting over a long period of time. 

Meanwhile I'm doing better bit by bit.  Only my tailbone gives some discomfort yet, but with better sitting positions and special exercises that starts to get better too.  Not there yet.  This last part may take some extra effort.  Time will tell. 

• Posted

I assume you mean that your pelvic floor muscles don't work very well, which is what many women experience after childbirth and as they get older. Causing leaks when you cough, or laugh, or exercise! In which case yes! I don't know whether it has any bearing on LS, perhaps the constant presence of urine in that area can upset things.
  • Posted

I read somewhere that there are physiotherapists who specialize in the pelvic floor. That there are women who thought they would suffer lifelong pain from interstitial cystitis who had their chronic pelvic floor spasm released and were back to normal. Depending on how large an urban are you live near, I would explore this avenue if I were you.
  • Posted

Yes, I went for pelvic floor physio at our local Women's Hospital back in the mid 90s. It was hard work to do the exercises and keep at it, but it was really starting to work, and then I developed another nasty illness and had to give up the whole thing - never went back to it I'm afraid sad

• Posted

So you know what this feels like Chrissie.  You are familiar with the exercizes as well.  I'm experiencing a big difference and improvement after special massage and doing the exercizes.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.