LS and your period

Posted , 5 users are following.

Please forgive me if this has been asked before.  I was diagnosed with Ls 20 days ago, trying to navigate the site through my phone till my computer is fixed.  I have always had issues with pads during my cycle as far back as i can remember and my Mother told me she was not able to use disposible diapers for me I would have awful rashes (I am thinking it may have been related??).  ANYWAY  I thought I was doing a little better with the steriod ointment until i got my period UGH!!!  The Doctor recommended A and D ointment.  I am wondering if anyone has  experience to share?  OR Other recommendations.  Thanks for your time!!

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I use a menstrual cup (Diva Cup) and it has been amazing. Tampons and pads made my symptoms worse and my periods more miserable.

I've also noticed the only time I have an issue with symptoms is when I get my period. Lately it seems any time I start to have an issue I get my period a day or two later. My periods are really messed up right now and I just had one about 2.5 weeks ago. I was flaring up a few days ago and didn't think anything of it. Then sure enough yesterday I noticed some blood. So weird! Bleeding stopped though and my symptoms have cleared too. I try not to use the steroid but any more I use it once every couple of days during my period just as a precaution.

• Posted

A and d helps at times,also a light coat of vaseline. Sitz baths. Coconut oil (organic is used by some people,i still havnt tryed that.
  • Posted

Hi Trishspring!

I use pads that have no bleach / nasties in them. are you in UK? They are called Natracare can get them easily on the internet or from health store. I havent had a problem with them at all 

• Posted

I do use all natural pads, no bleach. No I am in the United States. I guess I am super sensitive.
  • Posted

My doctor told me it is the acidity of blood that irritates the already sensitive skin. Anything to keep the blood off the skin helps. I use tampons and a barrier - Vaseline would do. Apparently even one drop of blood can set off the skin. This is why some people get symptomatic the day before their period - there is blood there, just too small a quantity to see with the naked eye.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.