LS as single

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im a 25 year old female diagnosed with LS recently . Had it all my life.. i have been with my ex for 6 years and he was understanding about how painful sex could be and he didn't have a big sex drive so it was all good. However in September i left him and now I'm single. I'm starting to date again but I am afraid that they will run away when they discover my LS!! When should I tell them? How do I handle this..

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am not in the same situation as I am married but I am only 33 and don't know what our future sex life holds. Be strong and confident. I feel like you will know when it is time to tell someone. I personally would wait until I knew it was someone with potential. smile Best of luck and you will find someone who understands!
  • Posted

If sudgest honesty.I suppose whenever you feel like things are getting serious.Its nothing to be ashamed of and you want a relationship with trust,honesty and support i would imagine.
    • Posted

I meant i would
  • Posted

Hi! I am also 26 and understand your worries. I developed my symtoms after a pretty bad break up and was too scared to have sex for about a year for fear of negative reaction to my bits and also because til recently i didnt know if it was thrush,herpes or any other contagious thing! And also incase it hurt!

Recently I started to date a man and it took a while to tell him but his response was "I like you anyway despite your bits and we will fins other ways to Have fun". When i am not having a bad flare up I am still able to have sex so thats not too bad but of course I have the doubt there that one day I might not and then of course comes the stress and guilt of not being able to please a partner.

But these things cant hold attention too much. Worrying makes the LS worse so just try to focus on how amazing the man will be who takes it in his stride (and somebody will! People aren't all monsters). You have many other things to offer a man and many other things in life to enjoy and achieve. Focus on YOU and what can make you happy rather than taking on extra stress and worry...you have enough of that and you deserve to make yourself feel good above all.

• Posted

Hi. Just wanted to chip in with an update - I have been seeing this guy for 2 months and last week I told him about my LS (I am able to have intercouse luckily) and he was so nice about it and appreciated me telling him. So I am happy there is still guys out there who don't run away but stay and are helpful
    • Posted

Noname that is great to hear. Thanks for sharing this with us. I think other young girls in similar situations need to hear that there is still light in these situations smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.