LS as well as another infection? Feeling desperate, would love your advice!

Posted , 12 users are following.

Hi ladies, hoping for your advice smile

I was diagnosed with LS 3 years ago (I'm 32) and although it's never gone away completely I have been managing it with clob and epaderm.

HOWEVER, for the last 9-12 months it's got much worse. The outer skin has turned bright red and I have unbearable itching inside and outside (not just on the areas with LS). It looks like a rash with some red spots and ingrown hairs (yuk!)

I'm wondering if I have ANOTHER infection as well as the LS, something fungal or bacterial (thrush? strep B? staph?). Has anyone else had a bacterial or fungal infection as well as the LS? 

If yes, how did you treat it? None of my test results have picked up anything and I've tried thrush treatment (fluconazole) with no success. Any advice about treatments or tests to ask for would be welcome as I have been back and forwards to the Dr and nothing is helping! Thank you!

0 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

SusieM is absolutely right, I had the same problem.  I had stinging thighs and thought it might be the steroid cream.  My gyno told me that steroid cream helped skin problems not made them worse, but luckily I didn't believe her.  I started slopping aloe vera gel all aover my thighs before I applied any steroid cream to the LS and sure enough my thighs got better.  We all need to protect the surrounding healthy skin with some sort of barrier cram or gel. Good Luck.

• Posted

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. It's the first time I've posted as felt embarassed but it's been really helpful to hear from others in the same situation. Wishing you all a speedy recovery smile

• Posted

You reallyhave to stay on top of it by being faithful in using the Clob. I would have it checked out.

• Posted

Claralara, I had the exact same situation.  The dermatologist gave me a yeast infection pill and a cream called SSD (1% Silver Sulfadiazine cream).  These two things worked wonders.  I started clearing up within a day or two.  Perhaps you can ask your dermo about these.  (They are both preseciption only.)  It seems my sores were infected and I needed much more than clob.  I hope you get relief soon. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.