LS Colloidal silver first aid gel

Posted , 11 users are following.

OMG Just read a post somewhere where the person stated that she had treated her ls white patch with Colloidal silver first aid gel and the patch had dried up and dropped off.  I mistakenly left the post and now can't find it.  I was fascinated by this and have been researching and wow.  If this is right then this is a brilliant find for all of us Ls sufferers.  To the user I would love to hear more.  Did treating with this hurt, burn or nothing.  I am very impressed with my research so far but worried about jumping in.  Apparently you can buy the colloidal silver and mix it with aloe vera gel to make your own gel much cheaper than the proprietry stuff on the market.  It can be used to treat Urinary Tract Infections. It has been used in nasal sprays and throat sprays so it appears to be non-toxic.  Need to hear from anyone who has used this.  It also mixes with coconut oil which was said to give an all round product which sounds perfect for us.  It is supposed to be an amazing healer when antibiotics are not working.

Has anyone else heard of this or even better tried it out? 

1 like, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I believe the amount of disinformation about natural products is way off the scale! Colloidal Silver is a documented and effective anti-microbial agent against several strains of bacteria, including many that have now become resistant to conventional antibiotics, PERIOD. Simply type PMID 23017226 in your favorite search engine to get the facts in the US National library of medicine. Yes, with the ingestion of any substance come potential side-effects which will vary from person to person, but to get argyria from CS requires long-term overdosing. Please consider that you can die from an overdose of water, before experiencing fear about any natural product!

The question that would be more appropriate over here would be "How effective is CS against LS?" and to that question, there is no concrete widespread evidence at this point. However, if your LS is associated with bacterial invasion, or if it has reacted favorably when taking antibiotics, then CS might be of some help to provide your body a fighting chance to heal. I have also read that some cases of LS have actually been misdiagnosed and were in fact, other forms of bacterially associated dermatis that have been cured, when the causative bacteria was eliminated. I have indicated a link on such a story in the LS forum, on a specific post about antibiotics.

I personally have cured myself of another so-called incurable skin disease called Lichen Simplex Chronicus with St. John's Wort, and have excellent reasons to believe that the anti-microbial properties of the plant were behind my success story. Thanks to modern research, the disease is now linked to Staphylococcus Aureus, against which an anti-microbial molecule present in St. John's Wort is known to be effective.

So eventhough I haven't personally tried CS for any condition, I follow any recent discoveries with great interest, as I believe many modern diseases may be linked to bacteria. Remember that each and everyone one of us is always a guinea pig when trying out any medicine against disease. We can only hope for the best, and if it works, then we are part of the blessed ones who dared to try something different and helped science advance!

Good luck!

• Posted

Thank You Greg. I am grateful for your input. Hopefully it will help some one. 

Wilma. 

• Posted

Me too! Good post, solid information. Thank you.
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply and information.  I am in agreement that some things are worth trying yourself.  You have to weigh up all the pros and cons.  I have on occasions tried a variety of alternative treatments and have had some success on occasions; although also I have been hugely dissappointed on occasions.  I do believe from all my research that LS is an auto immune problem and not bacterial.  I am still researching this treatment and have not totally discounted it yet. We are all very different and I believe we all respond to different treatments differently.  What works for some doesn't for others.  You will be sure that if I do try it I will definately be reporting the results.
  • Posted

I think you have the right attitude Chrisy! Do not accept anything you hear, or read out there, unless it is backed by serious, reputable research. The more research and the more anecdotal reports from real people, with no economic interests, the better!

As for LS being an auto-immune disease... I wouldn't jump to that conclusion just yet. I was told the same thing for two decades by the dermatologists who followed the progression of my LSC. They told me that there was nothing that could be done about it, except obtaining relief with cortisone creams that eventually did nothing but aggravate the overall damage to my skin's surface... to the point that I completely gave up on conventional creams for years, and accepted the better relief I would obtain occasionally, when sunbathing and swimming in salt water.

One of those dermatologists also told me that LSC was somewhat a "self-mutilation" disease linked to anxiety, where the act of scratching only made things worse, and that cortisone-based creams would help me stop inflicting more wounds to myself! That whole story made me laugh profusely when I read the results of new research from the University of Michigan last year: according to that research, eczema (which includes LSC), is at the very least aggravated by the presence of SA bacteria that colonizes damaged skin by forming biofilms over it. The particular strain of SA linked to eczema then emits a toxin nicknamed Delta, that causes the mast cells to degranulate. But when the mast cells degranulate, they liberate a lot of histamine, which, as everyone knows, is the same substance liberated in the skin when we are biten by an insect. No wonder I was "self-mutilating"... They should've put me in a stray jacket back then, I guess! But of course, since SJW has cured me a little over a year and a half ago, I find it very interesting that I am no longer a threat to my own skin!

I'm not trying to blame anyone here, but I think medicine is very much in its infancy, contrarily to popular beliefs, and that there are still a whole lot of unexplained and poorly understood diseases. So when the "Doctor Gods" don't really know, they just try to find a temporary and reasonable explanation and give us a "Band-Aid" so that we may at least have hope for relief. Nothing wrong there, if they don't have the massive clinical trials to prove that such or such natural antibiotic might actually be a final cure to many ills.

What I find more troubling, however, is that when I went back to brag to 2 separate dermatologists, showed off my "brand new skin", and explained how it had "grown back to its original state", I was told I had taken huge risks with "unofficial natural drugs", and that my disease was likely to come back with a vengeance anytime. That certainly was not professional... I was actually trying to help out, hoping that my case would relieve them from all those eczema sufferers walking into their offices everyday. I said to myself: "Surely, now they'll have more time to deal with more serious and threatening skin diseases such as Melanoma". Guess what? I don't think they were remotely interested by my small miracle, despite backing up my whole story with scientific facts available to anyone wishing to read.

So enjoy reading all you can about new research and breakthroughs, and when you feel comfortable enough to try something different, go ahead moderately at first, to make sure your body will tolerate what you are taking, at the very least. Then decide if you want to take additional risks by upping the doses. But never become too afraid if you know that most people are OK with whatever it is you are trying out. There never is an actual guarantee with anything, for anyone. And unfortunately, as the saying goes, "Nothing ventured, nothing gained". But don't count on conventional Docs to follow your progress... You'll need an unconventional practicioner if you do need that sort of support.

Best regards, and hope that you will eventually win the combat against LS! I know you can!

• Posted

Hi Greg, I wonder if you would explain what the abbreviations LSC SA and SJW are short for, I found you post interesting and reassuring that you advocate research and evidence based practice and treatment, albeit not conventional medicine.

Before I self medicate I would prefer to know that the research is performed by those with a thorough and profound knowledge of both anatomy and physiology which is demonstrated by fully recognised qualifications following several years extensive study and supervised practice, and not the 6 week postal / Internet "courses" with an impressive selection of  titles of "qualifications" and initials that mean very little, but seek to impress.

• Posted

Hi suedm,

Sorry for the abbreviations... I was replying to the previous comment where I had spelled out the words entirely: LSC = Lichen Simplex Chronicus; SA = Staphylococcus Aureus; SJW = St. John's Wort.

Yes, self-medication is no easy decision. In the end, even after having read countless theories and reputable information, you still require plenty of faith to make that tough decision that hardly anyone will support. However, it is the only decision that MAY make a positive difference when everything conventional failed previously. As I was mentioned above, you can only hope for the best, but there never is a guarantee.

Cheers.

• Posted

Thank you Greg.

St John's Wort is a good herb if used with knowledge, however it can cause severe reactions if used in conjunctions with certain other preparations. It is always essential to read up on drug interaction before embarking on additional therapies.

I also believe there is not always a cure for everything that we must at times accept that fact. However that is not to say we shouldn't carry on looking, but be realistic and not stress out trying for the moon.

I also accept the medical view that to date the condition of lichen sclerosus is for life, while we may have remissions or have quiescent periods these are not evidence. There is so much evidence that the condition is an auto immune complaint, and it frequently accompanies other auto immune conditions in people it is most likely a genetic predisposition exacerbated by modern living. It is now more prevalent because we are all living so much longer than previous generations

• Posted

of a cure was deleted inadvertently by me ....evidence of a cure. There etc! iPads are great but one can't always edit mishaps!

• Posted

Lol for I-pads... Just had the same experience in the last sentence of my latest reply! wink

You are right that SJW may cause severe reactions in certain people and especially when combined with other drugs... That's why I used it alone, and experienced nothing but benefits and not a SINGLE noticeable side-effect.

I also did the same with other natural drugs I used to combat Cancer 10 years ago... Took nothing else but those natural products... refused chemo and radiotherapy, that the natural products might have interfered with according to scientific litterature. Everybody thought I was crazy back then, and not just those who were caring for my health.... Some of my closer friends were very concerned as well. But my faith in natural medicine was stronger than the comments uttered stating "If you don't do chemo, you may die within 6 months...". I just did not want to listen, and 10 years later, I am cancer-free and certainly one of the strongest believers in natural medicine you will find out there. Doesn't mean I would recommend others take the same path I did... i recognize it was VERY risky and definitely against most conventional wisdom. But it worked... And I'm just saying that if someone else can develop such faith in healing as I did, they might just succeed as well. No guarantee... But hope is at least better than accepting a "sentence for life" that leaves no escape route. I believe that just about any illness is curable... We just have to do lots of research, try things out, and hope for the best. Remember: fear is the greatest enemy! Within reason, If you allow yourself to be convinced that you will suffer such and such illness by doing this or that, chances are you will!

All the best!

• Posted

Happy New Year everyone.
  • Posted

This is the information I came across from Webmd when I was searching for more information related to this post - "Colloidal silver is LIKELY UNSAFE when taken by mouth, applied to the skin, or injected intravenously (by IV). The silver in colloidal silver products gets deposited in vital organs such as the skin, liver, spleen, kidney, muscle, and brain. This can lead to an irreversible bluish skin discoloration that first appears in the gums. It can also stimulate melanin production in skin, and areas exposed to the sun will become increasingly discolored."

But I am not sure whether to actually go for information mentioned in above article or not..

• Posted

Hi, Thankyou for this.  I had already discounted the colloidal silver treatment as it had too many negative remarks.  Not that I want to dis anyone who wants to try natural remedies.  They do work but I take so many medications for other health conditions I worried about the mixture.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.