LS.. Diet control?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Had this for quiet a few years - discovered that certain foods really kicked it off. Donut based foods are the killers and certain sugar based products - so if you have a bad session with it.. make a note of what you ate the day before and see if there is a connection..  I have used Dermovate for it for years and find it very good - literally coating lol (deodrants or such can be hindrance) and try to keep errrr mmmmmm Trimmed pmsl...  sorry to be a bit graphically...

This is just my opinion of course and works for me...

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Call me ignorant or niave but don't know what pmsl is?  Please enlighten me !!

I had a honey based chicken dish last night and had a flare up !!  Happened within 4 hours...but of course it's sugar !! 

• Posted

lol.. PMSL   means.. Pee my self Laughing.. ..

where foods are concerned everyone is different... I noticed straight away that as soon as I any donut type food I would have a flare up.. so I now have to refuse  -  there probably are others but I havent made the connection yet..  I find as I get older my body cant handle certain foods like Red meat especially beef /Pork/Lamb takes too long to digest - so it is either small amounts or not at all.. sweet things like spongey puddings - I suppose yeast based products may also be the link - can induce a flare up as well..  I have had loads tests when I first got it and all negative..  look at it a bit like being diabetic.. there are some things you just have to be carefull when eatting - hence why I said keep a small logbook and with any flare up,.. immediatley think  back to what you had to eat the day/night before.  hope this helps.. 

• Posted

O yes, diet is so important.  Mine is: no gluten, no dairy, no sugar, no caffeine, small pieces of meat.  The other day I shared a big piece of cheese with my grand daughter.  Bingo, the next day LS pain and I had to use some Glob.  

Sometimes you put things in your mouth without thinking.  Having a good time with my grand daughter made me forget I could not have cheese.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.