Ls flairup

Posted , 4 users are following.

thank you for your advice. I hope I havent.. waited too long. I haven't had a flare-up in over a year. .I guess I haven't had sex in over 2 years and having sex this last weekend seem to flare it up...that's when I decided to look down there and lo and behold my clitoris is gone. I've literally been crying all day I'm sure I won't be able to get into the doctor for a week so I'm using the cream that they prescribed me years ago. .it doesn't seem to help the burning inside of me though. anybody have any recommendations for that? I'm a huge fan of coconut oil so I will get on that ASAP in between my steroid cream until I can see doctor

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

i have been using the ointment NOT the cream of clobestasol (the steroid) for 3 years now and have found great relief...also using Estrace for the vaginal dryness - which many times seems to go hand in hand with LS after your later years...I (I'm NOT a doctor) have found relief with clothes that r not too tight (in the "V" area...such as workout clothes) using a very mild soap when washing (as well as a mild soap in my laundry), coconut oil (organic) is my life saver (use almost everyday in the morning), not sitting in a wet bathing suit, doing other things (sexually) other than anything that involves your "V"), and using my med's as prescribed - NOT using less when I look and feel good...because using properly is one of the keys...and should it "burn" when u go the bathroom take a cup of warm water as u pee pee.. over it your "V" and it will cut the acidity so it does not burn as much...good luck...

• Posted

Kim,

also consider taking a bath/soak in water with a cup of baking soda in it. Many women have found that to be helpful.

• Posted

Simple salt water. It may sting at first.. I wash with it 3 time a day when i used to get flare ups.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.