LS, Has anyone had Stem cell treatment for this disorder??

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been reading up about the Italian Doctor who is treating patients by using Stem Cell Treatment for the diagnosis of LS, Has anyone had it done or are you investigating it like me?? Please can you share your views on this & that maybe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Because it's still in the experimental stages, obviously it's not available on the NHS, but in Italy it's available for around £5,500 -£6,000.

Can anyone help with extra info smile Thanks T

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello,

I haven't had this treatment but I am seriously thinking of having it done - after saving up for a while of course.

• Posted

I think it sounds promising, if a little painful, but above all I think it's great that finally some doctors are starting to pay attention to this horrible condition! I did read that one lady had a 90% improvement after having it done so that sounds great.

• Posted

Hi Emma, I think you're right...it certainly does sound promising, I think I could live with the pain if it meant I didn't have to put up with LS, I don't think stem cell treatment is 100% certain cure but if it can improve our quality of life it has to be worth trying. I've only been diagnosed this last month so it's still very early day's for me. I'm using Dermovate like most people, it has made a massive difference at the moment, but I have to say my itching has finally stopped, I have to use an application once every evening so i'm now sleeping again. I use Emu oil after I shower every morning & that has made a big difference, so I feel i'm starting to cope a little better now lol . I'm waiting for an appointment at the vulva clinic so hopefully I will get a thorough check-up there & can then concentrate more on getting it under control, finger's crossed. Best wishes T xx
  • Posted

Hi Girls, I agree it sounds promising. I too am using Dermovate at night and Emu Oil after every time I have had a Wee, dabbed any urine residue clean with plain water, then the Emu Oil ( if that makes sense )

My question is, although it makes me feel better, it leaves me looking like a Red Box Box....Has anyone else had this reaction?..I was only diagnosed a few weeks ago, so I guess it's just a case of fining what suit my skin, or rather lack of skin!!!!! X

• Posted

Sorry, should read. Red Post Box. X
  • Posted

Hi again,

Hope you're well :-)

That sounds like a good routine you've got going there - it's fab that the Emu oil is helping you - I know what a godsend it is. I was freaking out for a while thinking that the steroid cream was destroying my skin down there, but it's nice to know that the Emu oil helps moisturise and make things more comfortable. It's good that you've stopped itching!

When I was first diagnosed (2 years ago) I was put on a cream called Protopic and one called Peitel for the itching, but now I use Clovate which seems to be ok. It's very strong, though...

Best of luck at the clinic! Emma x

• Posted

Hi Lorna,

Hmm, that sounds weird. Is the Emu oil 100% pure? how much have you been applying? X

• Posted

Hi Emma, I'm also a "newbie" to LS, & have been using Emu Oil, Yes you must buy 100% pure oil. At least you know that there are no perfumes or other additives that will irritate an already delicate area. I bought mine from Amazon it was just over £11.00 with free P & P.

I use 2 tiny drops after a shower or a wee & it helps to keep that tight feeling at bay & it feels quite soothing too. I hope this is of some help to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.